2013 ...Is this the year for the ecoboost Raptor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be very kewl! I don't put it past ford if in due time allow 3rd party LCA long travel kits when ordering your raptor. Look at the mustang how many different configurations they offer. Might be dreaming but it be great!

It looks to me from the picture in the link like the new 13' Raptors will have different wheels ayy! I like The 12' wheels though

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say I don't care if they offer an eco-boost in the raptor. I would however be extremely ticked off if they got rid of the 6.2 option or din't provide some similar type of option. I'd really like to see a 6.2 that is built to stand up to a nice aftermarket supercharger....and then a Ford Racing set up with said supercharger and suspension etc. I know I am a Ford Racing guy and I like a lot of the other vendors but my experience has taught me that patience is a good thing with the upgrades to be done. I'd rather wait and do it once ;) Sadly that has to be learned the hard way (See garage full of GT500 parts).

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My two cents is that the ecoboost wouldn't get the mileage or have the performance as many would hope. I think cruising in 2 wheel drive it would be fine, but put it in 4wheel thats where the big v8 works best. I don't know how many have driven turbo powered vehicles, but I would have serious concerns for the longevity of the motor and turbos under heavy load for extended amounts of time. I would love 20 miles per gallon, but the v6 isn't what I would want. The 5.0 ecoboost now that would be interesting.