2013 has reinforced frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my business we have a term for people such as yourself--"vendorized".. If you think that it took 3 model years to implement a remedy then you are truly naïve and need to really give this some thought. Sorry but that is just the plain truth of it.

“Witch Hunt”----killed my fair share of them over the years. Close or far makes me no difference and only time will tell. There are enough people that know what went on and the story will eventually come to light. Keep thinking that Ford has your best interest at heart---if you really believe that I will show you a Unicorn that Farts Glitter.

Ah I see; you can't make a case so you might as well throw around derogatory labels instead. Got it.

I'll try one more time: how do you know they didn't reinforce the area simply to improve the payload rating? Prove it as you might in a court of law.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah I see; you can't make a case so you might as well throw around derogatory labels instead. Got it.

I'll try one more time: how do you know they didn't reinforce the area simply to improve the payload rating? Prove it as you might in a court of law.

How many frames have you actually seen buckle in front of you? I have seen 2.

Are you familiar with the term "discovery"? If this is a court of law here then maybe Ford will step in here and help you out. I will prepare my list of documents that will be required...

Let me know when the judge is ready for the list.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anything it's not a "fix to a problem" it's simply idiot proofing it a bit so the ********* that abuse the truck might have a better chance at not bending it.

The "weak" frame isn't an issue. It's overdriving it that's the issue.

across the board yes Raptor only no... They know its a weak spot

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to tell you. I don't want to be dragged into any CAL you fire up for those who've been subjected to such horrific sights.

I have a little advice that might help ya on your hunt: "Better call Saul!"

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to look up the Saul comment ---- have not ever watched that show so that one puzzled me!

Judge "Bird" will be issuing a subpoena tomorrow when he gets back in country. Be watching for the Constable.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
I woudnt sue cause I didnt damage my shit but Ill call em no good rotten ******!!! Ive lived the Ford life and I know how they work... Avoid everything they can if they are at all responsible... The shit you have to go through to get something repaired when they know they have a problem....

This i dont doubt at all, you see the same behavior in all large organizations (gov, google, microsoft, ford, chebby, etc).

I just really do not think this is as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be.

yes we all know the frame is weak in that area, no doubt ford did as well.

Yes they got their name drug around in the mud for a good while last year because of this, which is probably what finally got them to nut up and add this little chunk of metal to make things "better".

Does it suck for people who bought before? A bit, but to be honest 99% of raptor owners who are boing to run off and beat the shit out of their truck are either going to do the research and get a bumpstop/frame kit, or they dont give a shit anyways and are prob going to bend the old or new frames.

I just do not get why everyone has their ******* in a knot. If you are hitting jumps at 50 you should expect to break shit, its common ******* sense. Common sense would also dictate that if you try to get that shit covered under warrranty you are morally bankrupt and the dealer/manufacture should have every right to deny your claim.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Are you familiar with the term "discovery"? If this is a court of law here then maybe Ford will step in here and help you out. I will prepare my list of documents that will be required...

Let me know when the judge is ready for the list.

da2od.png

I think the above images sums it up for all of us. Cool your pissed, cool you want to lawyer up. More power to you, just stop talking about it and do it i am sure there will be plenty of people who will join you in a CAL.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greg just posted the definitive answer to this question on Facebook:

On January 16th, 2013 Ford SVT opened it's doors to 25+ Raptor owners. They had bagels, OJ and coffee waiting for us in an auditorium. We had a snack and listened to Jamal Hameedi, Kerry Baldori (Chief Function Engineering), and Raj Sarker (Marketing) go through the same presentation that was used to promote the Raptor within Ford.

Based on the questions posted in this thread, and reviewing the previous questions asked to SVT on the other thread, I came up with about 30 questions. I had them printed and ready to ask. It got to the point that the marketing guy (Raj) kept coming back to me for more questions. I didn't get through them all, but a lot of the popular ones were addressed. I'm sure I came more organized for questions than what they were ready for.

I would like to thank Ford SVT for taking the time out of their schedules and discussing Raptor with us enthusiast.

Here are the questions that were asked and the questions responded by SVT. I took notes and tried to capture everything. If the guys who where there have anything to add, feel free.

Question and answer session with Ford SVT

12.Why is the Frame on the 2013 reinforced, what do you have to say about the frame bending issues?
•They stated that the frame “issues” are due to driving style. They ran and finished the baja 1000 with the same frame with zero issues. He stated that just because the Raptor is highly capable doesn’t mean that you shouldn't slow down for a 5 foot ditch. The 2013 frames are reinforced due to the fact that they cannot control people overdriving their trucks.
•There is not a frame bending issue... The Raptor is not the baja raptor/raptor r/raptor xt plain and simply. You cannot expect a $50k Raptor to be the same as a $200k+ trophy truck. We (Raptor owners) have pushed and exceeded Ford/SVT expectations of what the Raptor is capable of doing. As Jamal the chief engineer of SVT Raptor program said "you can only beef up components so far and you have to draw the line somewhere“. Ford top execs and SVT never imagined the Raptor taking off like it did, or what us (enthusiast) put the Raptor through. So I state again for what the Raptor was intended design meets and exceeds Ford/SVT goals. Yes, they did add more support to the rear frame section because of the Raptor owners pushing the stock truck harder than it was designed to do. Plain and simply! -Greg

Full Q&A here: https://www.facebook.com/Gregjmcmanus/posts/540531519730