2013 Build tool is up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
69Mach1

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
801A no includes the NAV, so it's actually cheaper if you were getting the NAV. Also includes HIDs.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The price went down.

2012: Lux ($2970) + NAV ($2470) = Total is $5440

2013: LUX & NAV has been combined (801A), $4760 and you get HIDs and MFT.

You are not taking into account that 801A includes the NAV package in 2013.

but I dont care for nav, thats the prob, my point was if i wanted what i had in '12 you HAVE TO get it

*also* that "nav" you speak of it not a sony nav btw, so it is not cheaper

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True. Ford is making you buy the NAV in 2012. Regardless the price went down if you are comparing apples to apples. You are comparing a half apple to a whole apple. :)

but I dont care for nav, thats the prob, my point was if i wanted what i had in '12 you HAVE TO get it

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I did not mean Sony NAV, I meant the upgraded Sony Audio System.

*also* that "nav" you speak of it not a sony nav btw, so it is not cheaper

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. Ford is making you buy the NAV in 2012. Regardless the price went down if you are comparing apples to apples. You are comparing a half apple to a whole apple. :)

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I did not mean Sony NAV, I meant the upgraded Sony Audio System.

like i orig posted, to get what i had it costs alot more, old Lux package had the upgraded sony also so what you said makes no point, also the nav they using is the generic one they put in all the cars now, it the same one my wife has in her focus, it a like $799 option on other cars so like I said it costs more

ur math logic for cheap was the lux+sony nav, not lux + mft nav

*side note* kinda lame you cant just add HID's as a single option,
also anyone else notice the HD f150 not on the list? didnt know they not making it for '13

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2012 Lux Package (2,970):

8-way power driver and passenger seats with power adjustable lumbar support; Heated and cooled driver and front-passenger seats; Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control (DEATC); Sony 6-CD/MP3 audio system with 700 watts, subwoofer under the rear seat, audio input jack and speed compensated volume; Rear view camera; PowerFold, body-colored, heated, power exterior mirrors with turn signals and driver side self dimming; Power adjustable pedals; Memory system for pedals, exterior mirrors and front seats; Trailer brake controller; Remote start system; Universal garage door opener

2012 Navigation w/Sony Single DVD/CD Player (2,470):

Navigation system with voice activated controls; Sony single CD/DVD player; 10GB hard drive; SIRIUS satellite radio and Sirius Travel Link real-time traffic with complimentary 6 month subscription

I agree with you that if you wanted your 2012 options in a 2013 it would cost you more. All I am saying is that 801A (2013) includes both packages above.

And yes the LUX package in 2012 has a Sony but it does not include this >> Navigation system with voice activated controls; Sony single CD/DVD player; 10GB hard drive; SIRIUS satellite radio and Sirius Travel Link real-time traffic with complimentary 6 month subscription

like i orig posted, to get what i had it costs alot more, old Lux package had the upgraded sony also so what you said makes no point, also the nav they using is the generic one they put in all the cars now, it the same one my wife has in her focus, it a like $799 option on other cars so like I said it costs more

ur math logic for cheap was the lux+sony nav, not lux + mft nav

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Lux Package (2,970):

8-way power driver and passenger seats with power adjustable lumbar support; Heated and cooled driver and front-passenger seats; Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control (DEATC); Sony 6-CD/MP3 audio system with 700 watts, subwoofer under the rear seat, audio input jack and speed compensated volume; Rear view camera; PowerFold, body-colored, heated, power exterior mirrors with turn signals and driver side self dimming; Power adjustable pedals; Memory system for pedals, exterior mirrors and front seats; Trailer brake controller; Remote start system; Universal garage door opener

2012 Navigation w/Sony Single DVD/CD Player (2,470):

Navigation system with voice activated controls; Sony single CD/DVD player; 10GB hard drive; SIRIUS satellite radio and Sirius Travel Link real-time traffic with complimentary 6 month subscription

I agree with you that if you wanted your 2012 options in a 2013 it would cost you more. All I am saying is that 801A (2013) includes both packages above.

And yes the LUX package in 2012 has a Sony but it does not include this >> Navigation system with voice activated controls; Sony single CD/DVD player; 10GB hard drive; SIRIUS satellite radio and Sirius Travel Link real-time traffic with complimentary 6 month subscription

indeed, i agree with ya there, point was it just fords way to push you to spend more money on packages you really dont want but will get cause it has 2 or 3 things you want, kinda like how I added to my post if you want HIDs you have to get the 801a package just to get them, they had it right before '13, feel like they shoving navs down peoples throats, and the word "option" barely covers what they are now, cause like the raptor truely only has like 3 options for the interior, if they chopped the lux and 801a down there would be like a dozen, but ford got the market idea right to cluster them into a all or none deal

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Manufacturers tend to bundle their packages and thus forcing you to buy them all even though you may only 1 or 2 items (i.e. HIDs).

On the other hand, having every item piece meal would be a nightmare on the assembly line, especially on a mass produce auto like the F-150.

BTW .. Porsche is prob the only manufacturer that sell every option, 1 by 1. And they can do this because of the low volume involved.

indeed, i agree with ya there, point was it just fords way to push you to spend more money on packages you really dont want but will get cause it has 2 or 3 things you want, kinda like how I added to my post if you want HIDs you have to get the 801a package just to get them, they had it right before '13, feel like they shoving navs down peoples throats, and the word "option" barely covers what they are now, cause like the raptor truely only has like 3 options for the interior, if they chopped the lux and 801a down there would be like a dozen, but ford got the market idea right to cluster them into a all or none deal