2013 6.2L CHT Location Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
Hey all-

My 2013 6.2 just threw its first code in 140k miles... P0128... Thermostat or CHT is the diagnosis...

I have purchased both and will replace both, however; I cannot find the CHT location...

Would anyone be so kind as to help me out?

Thanks in advance for your time!

TB

OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
the t-stat seems to be opening fine, as i have no problem with the heat in the cabin...

does that not matter?... RAELLY dont wanna f with the intakes and stuff

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the t-stat seems to be opening fine, as i have no problem with the heat in the cabin...

does that not matter?... RAELLY dont wanna f with the intakes and stuff
The thermostat might be stuck open, just change your thermostat, leave the sensor alone until you have to replace it. Maybe @FordTechOne has some advice.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P0128 means the engine didn’t reach the required operating temperature within the specified time limit, which is based upon ambient temperature. That doesn’t mean the engine won’t reach operating temperature, just that it’s not reaching it quickly enough, hence why you have heat. The most common cause is a stuck open thermostat. Start with the thermostat and new coolant, especially if it’s original with the age/mileage of the truck. The coolant is only rated for 5 years/100k miles.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just threw it’s first code as well at nearly the same mileage (144k), the same P0128. I deleted the code roughly a week ago and it has not occurred again (yet).

Last edited: