2013 6.2 Intermittent fuel pump and injection cutout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herr Schwartz

Reaction score
Five times over the last 10 days I've had the following related issues:

1. While going down the road while accelerating the fuel injectors and fuel pump cut out. As you can imagine, if feels like the transmission separated from the engine when this happens under load.

2. When this happens the truck will shut off, I'll get the "orange wrench of death" on the display panel, and it will usually start and clear as well as drive normally.

3. At times, the truck will just not start.

It's stranded me once and I've had it in to the dealer twice. They tell me now that they feel it is an issue with the battery junction box and the harness being overloaded. Not sure I believe that.

Adding to my vote of no confidence is a 2011 Raptor sitting in the service bay that they say has been there 3 weeks waiting on parts with the same issue. Part is backordered, no estimate of delivery available, and truck is highly unreliable.

Has anyone else heard of this?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks Crystal

Thanks for the fast response, Herr Schwartz. PM me your information and I'll escalate this to your regional customer service manager. In your message, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll move this up the chain.

Crystal

mstrouse29

Reaction score
Same thing was just happening to my 2014 Raptor. First symptom I experienced was it would not start on several occassions, it cranked fine, just wouldnt fire. Sometimes briefly, and other times 20 minutes stranded. Then started to shut off while driving. First it happened once and started right back up. Next time happened twice within minutes and took several attempts to start.

The first time it shut off while going down the highway with my wife and kid. Scary. Orange wrench with no code. Second time i did get a low oil pressure symbol them orange wrench. Again no code.

Thankfully i had scheduled service for rear end service and had the dealer look into it. They told me the rear end noise was coming from unsecured cargo in my bed, which they secured for me, and the oil pressure is fine. I almost blew my head gasket. What a tool!

Anyhow, got home, popped the hood and the fuse box open, immediately saw a brown fuse, wiggled it and boom, crumbled to pieces and shut the engine off. Looked up the fuse and it was for fuel pump. Fuse was totally melted underneath. Barely visible on top. Took me half hour start to finish to diagnose and fix, dealershit has no clue. They didnt even open the fuse box or they would have seen it. Waste of space.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Same thing was just happening to my 2014 Raptor. First symptom I experienced was it would not start on several occassions, it cranked fine, just wouldnt fire. Sometimes briefly, and other times 20 minutes stranded. Then started to shut off while driving. First it happened once and started right back up. Next time happened twice within minutes and took several attempts to start.

The first time it shut off while going down the highway with my wife and kid. Scary. Orange wrench with no code. Second time i did get a low oil pressure symbol them orange wrench. Again no code.

Thankfully i had scheduled service for rear end service and had the dealer look into it. They told me the rear end noise was coming from unsecured cargo in my bed, which they secured for me, and the oil pressure is fine. I almost blew my head gasket. What a tool!

Anyhow, got home, popped the hood and the fuse box open, immediately saw a brown fuse, wiggled it and boom, crumbled to pieces and shut the engine off. Looked up the fuse and it was for fuel pump. Fuse was totally melted underneath. Barely visible on top. Took me half hour start to finish to diagnose and fix, dealershit has no clue. They didnt even open the fuse box or they would have seen it. Waste of space.

This is a pretty old thread brought back to life but after the OP posted it became clear issues like the OP had was due to Fuse 27 and there is a mod-kit from Ford to replace Fuse 27. (@Desmo_Pilot this is the fix...)

The part number to the kit is L3Z-14293-A

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-terminal-el3z14293a

And there is a pretty long thread on this issue here at FRF...

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ford-raptor-fuel-pump-fuse-issue.45129/

--

mstrouse29

Reaction score
This is a pretty old thread brought back to life but after the OP posted it became clear issues like the OP had was due to Fuse 27 and there is a mod-kit from Ford to replace Fuse 27. (@Desmo_Pilot this is the fix...)

The part number to the kit is L3Z-14293-A

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-terminal-el3z14293a

And there is a pretty long thread on this issue here at FRF...

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ford-raptor-fuel-pump-fuse-issue.45129/

--
I found that out later. Makes the dealership look even worse they had no clue. Thanks for sharing the info in case someone else finds this post.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk