2013 3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need of a OEM 3rd brake light that functions properly, mine is dead. Don't want to go aftermarket but might not have much other choice. Thanks

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need of a OEM 3rd brake light that functions properly, mine is dead. Don't want to go aftermarket but might not have much other choice. Thanks
Good luck. Just went through this - they are NOT cheap. I ended up risking it and going with the Recon on. So far so good, but the instructions are worthless.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck. Just went through this - they are NOT cheap. I ended up risking it and going with the Recon on. So far so good, but the instructions are worthless.
Yea I know the OEM ones are $$$ called local dealership this morning and it was $285.00. I like the 3 LEDs on the OEM.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I know the OEM ones are $$$ called local dealership this morning and it was $285.00. I like the 3 LEDs on the OEM.
That might be the cheapest I've seen. The Recon was $120 shipped (the Raptor one with running lights).
Nice thing about OEM is that is slaps right in. The Recon takes some minor re-wiring (with no instructions). Either way, make sure you silicone it. The one thing I do like about the Recon is that it doesn't always look like your brakes are on. At least that's what my wife complains about when she's following me. Yeah, the LEDs get brighter when you hit the brakes, but she still thinks it looks like the brakes are on when it's just the running lights. The Recon has totally different lights. Not advocating one over the other. Had I found the OEM for a reasonable amount, I probably would have bought it. But $120 versus $300...
I do like the smoked look of the Recon, but you can smoke the OEM.