2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed today. It came in a day, and I got to work this evening. Took about 1.5 hours. Reasons:

1) Our interior trim is different, so had to work to get some of the pieces out.
2) Upfitters need to be pulled, so you can access the bottom screws below the A/C controls.
3) Video on their site is pretty good, but we have more screws, and some are different sizes.

All in all, I like it. Very responsive and everything works.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on how you like it? Is it worth it ?

Thanks
Scott

Worth it to me. More responsive than Sync 2. In reality, one reason I did it is because Ford isn't supporting the Sync 2 anymore, and my phone would disconnect mid-call every single call. I didn't want aftermarket, and I can always put the 2 back in. Radio sounds the same, functionality is similar, but the real positive, at least for me, was CarPlay. I thought that was worth the $2k. I'd recommend it, more so, as Sync 2 falls more behind.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
explain what CarPlay does please..... did they ever get back to you about the Raptor splash?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarPlay basically makes the stereo look like an iPhone. Messages, Maps, and other apps like TuneIn. You swipe across to get to other screens. It also supports the Android version.

Yes to CarPlay and Nav. I have both.

As for the Splash Screen, they messed up and are sending me an update.