2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind paying their asking. However it has to be completely plug&play without any hiccups/minor nuisances.

Anyone know out there how many people out there has this upgrade done?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. From what it looks like it should be everything you need. The site I've found before (https://www.4dtech.com/13-14-ford-f150-sync-3-upgrade-for-myford-touch/) claims plug and play and no soldering or anything. Still, $2k goes a long way for suspension or bumpers so until I'm done with the part I'll wait and hope somebody else does it lol.

Here is some interesting info I found on the fusion forum about the mod. Pretty sure these options would be accessed with the FORscan tool.

ALTERNATIVE VISUAL THEME CHOICES

Visual Theme Variants:
7D0-03-01: xxxx 00xx xxxx - Ford Classic (Blue Theme, Multi-colored Buttons/Knobs)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 01xx xxxx - Ford Timeless (Blue Theme, Blue Buttons/Knobs)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 04xx xxxx - Ford GT (All Blue Theme for 2017 Ford GT)

(These Require Lincoln Master Enable Below)

7D0-03-01: xxxx 02xx xxxx - Lincoln Timeless (Gold Theme, Black Icons)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 03xx xxxx - Lincoln Next (Gold Theme, White Icons)

Lincoln Theme (Master Enable):
7D0-01-02: 8xxx xxxx xxxx

Note: Car MUST be power cycled to see theme changes. Let vehicle sit for 2 minutes before turning back on.

ALTERNATIVE SPLASH SCREEN CHOICES

Splash Screen Variants (2.0+ Software Required):
7D0-02-01: xxxx 01xx xxxx - Ford / Lincoln (Default)
7D0-02-01: xxxx 05xx xxxx - Raptor (Ford Performance)
7D0-02-01: xxxx 08xx xxxx - Vignale
7D0-02-01: xxxx 09xx xxxx - Shelby Mustang R1 (Ford Performance)
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Bxx xxxx - ST (Ford Performance) - Sport Technology
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Cxx xxxx - RS (Ford Performance) - Rallye Sport
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Dxx xxxx - GT (Ford Performance) - Grand Touring

Note: If you pick a different Splash Screen... it will always show the Lincoln Splash Screen on power off if the Lincoln Visual Theme is enabled. Just an FYI.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. From what it looks like it should be everything you need. The site I've found before (https://www.4dtech.com/13-14-ford-f150-sync-3-upgrade-for-myford-touch/) claims plug and play and no soldering or anything. Still, $2k goes a long way for suspension or bumpers so until I'm done with the part I'll wait and hope somebody else does it lol.

Here is some interesting info I found on the fusion forum about the mod. Pretty sure these options would be accessed with the FORscan tool.

ALTERNATIVE VISUAL THEME CHOICES

Visual Theme Variants:
7D0-03-01: xxxx 00xx xxxx - Ford Classic (Blue Theme, Multi-colored Buttons/Knobs)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 01xx xxxx - Ford Timeless (Blue Theme, Blue Buttons/Knobs)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 04xx xxxx - Ford GT (All Blue Theme for 2017 Ford GT)

(These Require Lincoln Master Enable Below)

7D0-03-01: xxxx 02xx xxxx - Lincoln Timeless (Gold Theme, Black Icons)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 03xx xxxx - Lincoln Next (Gold Theme, White Icons)

Lincoln Theme (Master Enable):
7D0-01-02: 8xxx xxxx xxxx

Note: Car MUST be power cycled to see theme changes. Let vehicle sit for 2 minutes before turning back on.

ALTERNATIVE SPLASH SCREEN CHOICES

Splash Screen Variants (2.0+ Software Required):
7D0-02-01: xxxx 01xx xxxx - Ford / Lincoln (Default)
7D0-02-01: xxxx 05xx xxxx - Raptor (Ford Performance)
7D0-02-01: xxxx 08xx xxxx - Vignale
7D0-02-01: xxxx 09xx xxxx - Shelby Mustang R1 (Ford Performance)
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Bxx xxxx - ST (Ford Performance) - Sport Technology
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Cxx xxxx - RS (Ford Performance) - Rallye Sport
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Dxx xxxx - GT (Ford Performance) - Grand Touring

Note: If you pick a different Splash Screen... it will always show the Lincoln Splash Screen on power off if the Lincoln Visual Theme is enabled. Just an FYI.

Nice another different vendor for this upgrade.
I am definitely interested. How many other vendors out there that offer this upgrade?

Between these 2 vendors is the Sync3 exactly the same???? Meaning one is no different than the other?

Currently I have the navigation motion lock bypass. Not sure how that would be able to transfer over.....and the Raptor splash screen ofcourse

I plan on keeping my Gen1 Raptor for a while

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If there truly are multiple different vendors for the exact same "kit" it sounds like anybody should be able to purchase the parts separately if we had the part numbers. I think the only trouble is getting the APIM programmed to your VIN?

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there truly are multiple different vendors for the exact same "kit" it sounds like anybody should be able to purchase the parts separately if we had the part numbers. I think the only trouble is getting the APIM programmed to your VIN?
Sounds about right.
How many raptor owners have done this?

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that for that price you could get a sweet head unit that's sync compatible. Better screen, better Bluetooth, the whole 9

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RyRyB

Reaction score
I had placed an order for the infotainment.com one while I was deployed this last trip. As some one mentioned before I decided to go the bumper route instead and ended up canceling the order. HOWEVER, I'm about to go out the door again in the next month or so, I will order it when I get out there. Its worth mentioning they do charge extra for the android auto and apple car play. They also send the units to Texas to get programmed to actually flash the unit to your vehicles specific features (A/C,heated seats) I believe the guy I spoke with said around a month or two turn around time. For you military folk, they do military discount too!

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had placed an order for the infotainment.com one while I was deployed this last trip. As some one mentioned before I decided to go the bumper route instead and ended up canceling the order. HOWEVER, I'm about to go out the door again in the next month or so, I will order it when I get out there. Its worth mentioning they do charge extra for the android auto and apple car play. They also send the units to Texas to get programmed to actually flash the unit to your vehicles specific features (A/C,heated seats) I believe the guy I spoke with said around a month or two turn around time. For you military folk, they do military discount too!
I am totally Okay with sync3 upgrade as long as plug&play and we get the upgrades as the factory sync3 furthermore no glitches.

How many peeps have done this upgrade?

RyRyB

Reaction score
There seems to be a few actually. However they are not on f150s. Mostly focus st's and mustangs. Infotainment swore that it is 100% plug and play. But everyone probably knows how that sometimes goes...

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered today from 4dtech. Hoping to install Friday. I got sick of my Sync 2 and wanted A/C controls, etc. Keeping the Sync 2 in the garage, so I can re-install and sell the Sync 3 in case I ever sell the truck.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered today from 4dtech. Hoping to install Friday. I got sick of my Sync 2 and wanted A/C controls, etc. Keeping the Sync 2 in the garage, so I can re-install and sell the Sync 3 in case I ever sell the truck.
Please keep me posted how it goes.
Installation and functionality.

I just inquired with 4Dtech-brad with a bunch of questions.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk