2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren’t sure. It can work and does for some people. They just can’t figure out why only some get it to work. I recall when I bought it that they said it would work. I have a feeling it was a software update from V2.2 to something higher. I am still running v2.2. The other aspect of this might be the camera. Mine is a 2014. Curious about the ones that do not work. What years are those? In other words, did something with the camera change from 13 to 14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is a ‘14 SE and my camera doesn’t work. I’m running v3.0 on my sync 3.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a 2013
I am willing to upgrade to sync3 and utilize camera sources module to have the front camera functionality.

I don't want to be the test dummy.
Therefore I have been waiting on other people.

So far there has only been inquiries and people that went without the front camera

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Any clue if you can downgrade to V2.2 to test it?

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Any clue if you can downgrade to V2.2 to test it?

I’ve found some stuff on some other forums. It’s possible, but the process is way out of my wheelhouse.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well that’s a bummer. I have a 14 as well. When I order mine after Christmas I don’t mind asking if they’ll bump it down to V2.2, but what is the difference between that and V3.0? Anything really noticeable?

Hoopn44

Reaction score
If I sell mine, I'll let you know. If you are interested, let me know. I am considering selling my Raptor, and I will install my old unit before I do.

I think it is great. My front camera works just fine.

Regarding Car Play, yes. It has to be plugged in. My other cars are like that too.
Did you end up selling your Raptor?

roboman

Reaction score
So we know now that the front camera works with v2.0 and v2.2. Since installing v3.0, it doesn't work. Anybody have a solution to this? I would love the front camera working; lots of terrain here in Utah that will make use of it. It has to be the software...its a camera, it can't be too difficult, maybe some tweeks to the software? Anybody done this? Thanks...

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we know now that the front camera works with v2.0 and v2.2. Since installing v3.0, it doesn't work. Anybody have a solution to this? I would love the front camera working; lots of terrain here in Utah that will make use of it. It has to be the software...its a camera, it can't be too difficult, maybe some tweeks to the software? Anybody done this? Thanks...
I’d call 4D Tech and talk to Steve. Ask him if they can figure out a way to get it to work with v3.0. They do have an understanding of the programming to a degree but seems to me that they would build some goodwill by figuring this out.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I would like to know this as well.
This thread has renewed my interest into upgrading to Sync3

Please keep updated

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: