2012 vs 2013 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm biased but I would go for a 2013 just for MFT. I liked it right off the bat and it grows on me every day I drive the truck especially as I learn the voice commands. If you only care about HIDs then you could get a 2012 and retrofit or order oem 2013 HIDs.

As for the truck overall. I'm in love. The only things I've loved more in life are God, My mother and my daughters. The thing is just ridiculously cool. I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle that I can take almost anywhere I choose. The seats are the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. Put your music collection on a USB stick (I put a 64GB with almost 400 CDs worth of music) and stick in the USB port and you'll never use the single CD player. Just tell the chic in MFT what artist, album or song to play and it happens. Text message to your phone show up on the MFT screen. No need to pick up the phone and rear end the guy in front of you. I could go on and on.

Like people told me when I bought my truck without having test drove it or seen it, you won't be disappointed.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a truck on order with a local dealer in socal (a 13 black supercrew) and i found one at another dealer on the lot. I jumped on it and took that one instead of the wait, but that leaves my dealer with one he needs to move and it should be delivered soon... If you don't want to wait too long, like black, and want the 4 door, I can put you in touch with my dealer so you can take the one that was due to me...

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

talk to joshmills he ordered one but ended up buying one off the lot instead. his ordered truck hasnt arrived yet, im sure you can talk to the dealer and him about it

Lol... I didn't see this before I posted:lol2:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a truck on order with a local dealer in socal (a 13 black supercrew) and i found one at another dealer on the lot. I jumped on it and took that one instead of the wait, but that leaves my dealer with one he needs to move and it should be delivered soon... If you don't want to wait too long, like black, and want the 4 door, I can put you in touch with my dealer so you can take the one that was due to me...

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Lol... I didn't see this before I posted:lol2:
haha, noob

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Another reason is that since losing my businesses (and everything else that I owned), I have moved 3 times in the last 4 years and I am tired of borrowing and renting trucks"

Am I missing something here? How about some tough love....Sounds like you need a van with a bed not a $50,000 gas pig.

svtfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2013 and ended up with a new 2012 and love it!
Either year, they are amazing vehicles so you can't lose.

Good Luck man!