2012 vs 2013 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper10

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

First post here. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Raptor (and getting a new job to pay for it). Being the year end, some dealers have 2012 SCREW on the lot. I was planning to order a 2013 SCREW, but is it worth the wait? Is there enough of a difference (other than Terrain color and bead locks) to wait? I don't mind the wait because I am more focused on getting the best deal.

This will be the first truck I have ever owned. I have historically owned sports cars that I have tracked my entire life. The Raptor was the first truck that ever caught my eye and sucked all of the blood out of my upper brain. I want to use it as a daily driver... because I have 3 herniated disks in my lower back from driving sports cars daily. Another reason is that since losing my businesses (and everything else that I owned), I have moved 3 times in the last 4 years and I am tired of borrowing and renting trucks.

Thanks for your feedback. By the way, can anyone suggest a good dealership in Southern Cal to buy from to get the best deal? I appreciate the referrals.

Take care,

Brad

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a lot reading to do my friend. And if you don't like to read, just order a 2013 and be done with it.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

First post here. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Raptor (and getting a new job to pay for it). Being the year end, some dealers have 2012 SCREW on the lot. I was planning to order a 2013 SCREW, but is it worth the wait? Is there enough of a difference (other than Terrain color and bead locks) to wait? I don't mind the wait because I am more focused on getting the best deal.

This will be the first truck I have ever owned. I have historically owned sports cars that I have tracked my entire life. The Raptor was the first truck that ever caught my eye and sucked all of the blood out of my upper brain. I want to use it as a daily driver... because I have 3 herniated disks in my lower back from driving sports cars daily. Another reason is that since losing my businesses (and everything else that I owned), I have moved 3 times in the last 4 years and I am tired of borrowing and renting trucks.

Thanks for your feedback. By the way, can anyone suggest a good dealership in Southern Cal to buy from to get the best deal? I appreciate the referrals.

Take care,

Brad
it sucked all the blood outa my lower brain. what little i had down there

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it sucked all the blood outa my lower brain. what little i had down there

Out of or into?

As for the OP the main benefits to the 2013 IMO are the HID headlights. It comes down to preference on 2012 sony unit or 2013 MFT head unit. Aside from that they are mostly the same.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New touchscreen Nav and other center stack config changes. The 2013 looks "cleaned up" over the 2012. I was in the same boat as you a month ago. I've been driving a raptor for a month instead of waiting another 8 to 10 weeks.

Hi Everyone:

Take care,

Brad

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A 2012 already on the lot is likely to go for MSRP. An ordered '13 that you wait for is more likely to be within $1k of invoice.

Overboost

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. There is a 2012 Black Screw with blue accents and everything else I want sitting on a local dealers lot. I can get it for a good deal under MSRP I think mainly because they want my current truck that I would trade. Another dealer will let me order a '13 for $500 over invoice with only a $500 deposit. If I order, I will order a silver screw. I like black, my current truck is black and I would be perfectly happy with black. I just cant decide....

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! As for the issue, it's like it was stated above. HID's and MFT vs Sync are the main differences. I have a 2012 and love it! I've had Sync before, and my wife has it in her Escape and works great. I am thinking about getting the HID's, just deciding whether I want Ford lights or Ducati lights!! The wait does suck! Don't know how long you would have to wait, but mine was ordered and took 5 months!! It was horrible! Worth it, but horrible! :emotions122: :laughing1: Good luck, you'll love it either way.. great trucks..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
talk to joshmills he ordered one but ended up buying one off the lot instead. his ordered truck hasnt arrived yet, im sure you can talk to the dealer and him about it