2012 Tux Black SCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my tires rubbing the outside of the Icon UCAs, but I plan on getting new wheels soon to fix that. I've had the same concern about going to a 0 offset though. What sucked about it exactly?

Also, you might want to consider gusseting the upper rear shock mounts if you plan on driving hard off road. It may not be as much of an issue with Fox shocks, but I've seen Icon 3.0s rip those mounts off.

Nice build so far!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird. The forum won’t let me edit my reserved posts...

Anyways. Here’s a pic of the bumpstop kit my fab guy, Dertco, built.

And I put a set of 35x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge grapplers on and they rubbed the icon upper arm as they had maybe a 1/16” of clearance with the truck sitting still. They’re a decent bit bigger than the Toyo AT2’s that came off. I didn’t want to buy wheels as I actually like the 17-18 Beadlock wheels and plan to put the real beadlocks on them. So, I got ARP extended studs and slip on hub/wheel centric 16mm spacers from Motorsport Tech. Only did the fronts as I didn’t have time or diff fluid to pull the rear axles this weekend. They now have plenty of clearance though, and the wheels have an effective offset of +18mm, so 37’s will still fit ok later as the offset isn’t too low. Or I can always change spacers if I want. Pics of the super tight clearance are before the spacers.

For everyone’s reference, the ARP studs for 2015+ mustangs work perfectly. I got the ones that are 1” longer than stock. They’re M14x1.50 thread though, so you’ll need new lug nuts. I went with Ford racing open lugs. The studs have enough room to run probably a 25-30mm spacer if needed.

congrats you have now started down the path of one thing leading to another. i ran into the same issue with rubbing on the upper. the 25mm will fix this but then you are going to rub (hit is more accurate word to use since the fender is now in the path of travel) on your fender before full compression... sooo those new shocks are basically half potential now until you get fiberglass.... trust me i know the frustration. if you want to get crazy go ahead and cut back the firewall too. lol feel free to take a look at my 39s thread for everything i ran into similar to this.

OP
OP
letsgetthisdone

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my tires rubbing the outside of the Icon UCAs, but I plan on getting new wheels soon to fix that. I've had the same concern about going to a 0 offset though. What sucked about it exactly?

Also, you might want to consider gusseting the upper rear shock mounts if you plan on driving hard off road. It may not be as much of an issue with Fox shocks, but I've seen Icon 3.0s rip those mounts off.

Nice build so far!

IMO, 0 offset sticks out and doesn't look good. You also end up with more rock chips up the side of the truck.

The only picture I've seen of an Icon shock ripping the mount was one of the old design where the tabs had to be clearanced to fit the top cap. The Fox has notches in the top cap, so no grinding on the tabs is required. I don't think the mount is going anywhere.

congrats you have now started down the path of one thing leading to another. i ran into the same issue with rubbing on the upper. the 25mm will fix this but then you are going to rub (hit is more accurate word to use since the fender is now in the path of travel) on your fender before full compression... sooo those new shocks are basically half potential now until you get fiberglass.... trust me i know the frustration. if you want to get crazy go ahead and cut back the firewall too. lol feel free to take a look at my 39s thread for everything i ran into similar to this.

Half potential is quite an overstatement I think. The truck had zero offset wheels before I put the jenny wheels on and it barely ever so slightly rubbed at full compression. These are now only 18mm effective offset and have been fine so far, and it gets off-roaded plenty hard almost every weekend and haven't blown the fenders off or noticed major rubbing yet.

The tires are still just 35's. I didn't go to 37's specifically for not wanting to deal with too much hassle of doing the pinch welds and fiberglass fenders. I have a "real" offroad toy (long travle, 4 linked, caged ranger) that will be getting finished in the next 6 months or so, so I'm not too concerned about the raptor being "max" performance. Which is why it didn't get a full LT kit or a bypass rack. It's more of the "exploration" truck for trails where 4x4 is required, remote camping trips, and fire pit night sin the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
letsgetthisdone

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my GenJuan got totaled. Due to what I feel are absolutely insane prices for an outdated truck (over $50k for less than 50k miles genJuan’s) I picked up a Jenny.

I’ll start a new build thread most likely.B23ED477-CCA5-4755-BCA2-2F5F819FE010.jpeg