2012 SVT Raptor features?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkman

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 SVT Raptor.

2 questions:
1) does the 2012s have daytime running lights? If not, is it possible to get them?
2) does the 2012s have a 3rd brake light? There is a light on the cab, but I think that is for the bed light.

Thanks.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a ‘12.... just turn the headlight switch one click to the 1st stop...

Third brake light fires when your foot hits the brake pedal....

PistonHead

Reaction score
Turn on your parking lights and look at the back of the cab, if the three LED's are not illuminated your light may be unplugged, thus keeping the third brake light from working. Remove it and start fishing for the plug

OP
OP
Sharkman

Sharkman

Reaction score
Turn on your parking lights and look at the back of the cab, if the three LED's are not illuminated your light may be unplugged, thus keeping the third brake light from working. Remove it and start fishing for the plug

nope - 3 LEDs are not lit. plug is plugged in, so I am hoping maybe that light assy is bad. Do not want to have to start tracing wiring.....

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope - 3 LEDs are not lit. plug is plugged in, so I am hoping maybe that light assy is bad. Do not want to have to start tracing wiring.....

My guess is it is the assembly. I have a 2012 and replaced mine because it was yellowing. Then once replaced I realized that the red lights in the lamp weren’t functioning in my old one. I’d buy a new assembly and replace it because as a 2012 the original is probably yellowing anyway and then you might have your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went bad due to water infiltration and corroded the led circuit boards. OEM replacements used to be $125 but Ford jacked it up to around $300 which wouldn't preclude the problem from happening again since its the same design. You can always add a bead of silicone to new OEM light or purchase an aftermarket part. I spent around $500 for an aftermarket part since it has some features that I've been looking before. There are quite a few quality aftermarket lights out there. Mines by Evil Manufacturing and I'm very happy with it and the company was extremely helpful with some questions that I had.

20200119_125933.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20