2012 sliding rear window won't close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorman

Reaction score
Help! My rear sliding window has occasionally stuck open, but after toggleing the switch a few times it has closed. Now, it won't. The interior lights dim when I hold the switch, but no movement of the glass. I checked fuse (46 I think), doesn'r appear blown. Any suggestions?

Adansote

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll try it and get back to you!
I had the same exact issue as you. I had to order a new switch. Once I got the new switch its been working flawlessly. I think I looked up the part number on rockauto and ordered it off amazon so I could get two day shipping.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

raptorman

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried pushing while switch was pulled, no luck. Guess I'll order the new switch from Rock Auto.

BTW, just had the transmission recall done, remapped okay. Mine is a 2012, and they parked it next to a brand new Raptor. Couldn't help but notice the sticker price here in NorCal......$75,000!

Still love my truck!

OP
OP
R

raptorman

Reaction score
Update: took your advise, and started with the cheap fix. I got on Rock Auto, found the switch (moonroof switch actually has 3 switches including the rear window), ordered for ~$25.00, installed it upon arrival and.....it worked! Window, and case, closed! Thanks, guys!

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help! My rear sliding window has occasionally stuck open, but after toggleing the switch a few times it has closed. Now, it won't. The interior lights dim when I hold the switch, but no movement of the glass. I checked fuse (46 I think), doesn'r appear blown. Any suggestions?

So same thing happened to me on my 13’. Sunroof full open and tilt buttons worked fine however my rear window slider button was intermittent. Was able to find the same genuine Motorcraft switch on Amazon for $28 shipped. Watched a YouTube video and new one was installed in less then 30 minutes and that was taking my time. Works perfect again. Dealer wanted $80 for switch and 1hr of labor. If you already fixed it maybe this will help others it may happen to.

7843B378-8E9A-48ED-9912-DD587C2172F9.png