2012 raptor - a big disappointment. Not for desert trail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Rear diffs are basically the same. They all have the electric locker.

Sorry you are having bad luck with your truck. But I have to say that you're in the minority. Basically every raptor built is sold. And everyone I talk to that owns one loves it. I doubt that you have a lemon either. Maybe consider changing your driving habits some.

I have thousands upon thousands of hard Offroad miles on my truck and every one of them was fun.

It sounds like this isn't the rig for you. Maybe a sand car or dual sport buggy would be better.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just in these past few days, i've met the guy who did that video of the orange raptor... he said he broke his axles/cv's on his third trip to Al Khatim, which is where I was two days ago. his rear diff was totaled, nice Swedish fellow.. his name is Mike, he's on the forums as well. His was an imported raptor and he got it back when the raptors werent sold from ford dealership here then. now he's got a white raptor just like mine, he sold that orange raptor of his and the reason he got the new one was cause of the strengthened rear diff and the diff locks.. as the older ones didnt have that... he said the mid perch and the stage 3 off of rpg is a must... otherwise i might as well use my rig as a mall shopper.

the folks around here are getting very helpful... on the pm side of things atleast.

The Raptor was truck built and designed for sand and running off road in the conditions you live in. Instead of blasting here about how you think the truck is a *************, gather all your paper work with the problems you have had, send they directly to Ford overseas management. Ford needs a image overseas and your truck could provide a bad one for them. I bet if all you say has happened you will get a response...

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just in these past few days, i've met the guy who did that video of the orange raptor... he said he broke his axles/cv's on his third trip to Al Khatim, which is where I was two days ago. his rear diff was totaled, nice Swedish fellow.. his name is Mike, he's on the forums as well. His was an imported raptor and he got it back when the raptors werent sold from ford dealership here then. now he's got a white raptor just like mine, he sold that orange raptor of his and the reason he got the new one was cause of the strengthened rear diff and the diff locks.. as the older ones didnt have that... he said the mid perch and the stage 3 off of rpg is a must... otherwise i might as well use my rig as a mall shopper.

the folks around here are getting very helpful... on the pm side of things atleast.

We had suggested stage 3 and mid perch way earlier, but you said mods were by no means an option (or allowed for that matter). So you turn down our advice, but take the same advice from others.

RedBaron

Reaction score
I call nonsense on this whole thing. OP, you come here and bash the Raptor for not holding up to a 'junior desert trail' yet I can go online and see hours and hours of guys running their trucks hard in the desert and elsewhere that totally refutes everything you say.

And hearing how you drive explains it to me. You do understand physics right? You do realize that when you nose a Raptor into the sand at 50 kph it carries about 1.5 times the impact energy of a small SUV right?

How do you think your cute little FJ would do over a whoop section at 100 kph? It would be destroyed or rollover.

So if you want to drive your little station wagons nose first into the sand, knock your self out. But don't come on here and tell us that the Raptor is unsuitable for off road use when all of us have personal experience that proves that claim to be untrue. We KNOW the Raptor can go off road, and do it well, because we do it all the time. What your post tells us is that YOU don't know how to drive a Raptor off road.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where the hell is that damn thread block button when you need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Where the hell is that damn thread block button when you need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No lie, or at the very least I wish we had a button under thread tools that would allow us to submit a vote to send a thread to sloppy seconds.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is over, he is already getting pricing for upgraded suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.