2012 No High Beams after Projector instal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2012 screw. A few years back I turned my stock Halogen lights into projectors with HID’s following another members guide from supply’s bought from DDM Tuning. When installing the projector into the headlight, I accidentally cut the two very small wires that should have controlled the high beams for those specific projectors so I only had low beams.

Flash forward about three years to today, I purchased a set of OEM headlights from a 2014. I bought the required Morimto harness to make the 2014 projectors work on my 2012. I plugged everything in as according to the directions, and everything works perfectly except I still don’t have High Beams. My factory harness is fully intact and I don’t see anywhere there could be a disconnect. The light on my dash comes on, but I don’t even hear the click of the bulbs sucking back when I pull back for the highs. Instead of getting brighter, the lights just go off? I checked fuse 39 inside the cab and it’s fine. Is there another fuse somewhere (or different one for high Beams) that is causing the highs to function?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the high beams work buy cutting power to the low beam and powering the high beam. on the 13/14 models it moved the lights out of of the cover to provide more light to the housing, which results in mors light output. when we wire in lights like this, we have to use relays to keep power to the lights

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the high beams work buy cutting power to the low beam and powering the high beam. on the 13/14 models it moved the lights out of of the cover to provide more light to the housing, which results in mors light output. when we wire in lights like this, we have to use relays to keep power to the lights
So from what I understand, that’s something that should have been taken care of with my Miromoto Relay Harness that I installed? From the YouTube videos I watched, they hook them up the same way I did on a 2011, and everything works. Am I missing something?

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So from what I understand, that’s something that should have been taken care of with my Miromoto Relay Harness that I installed? From the YouTube videos I watched, they hook them up the same way I did on a 2011, and everything works. Am I missing something?

That tells me that the problem is between your stalk and the end of the headlight hardness. I’m guessing there is a relay that the stalk activates that may need checked.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there have been several occasions where the harness doesnt work. its not uncommon. when that happens we just wire in a couple relays

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tells me that the problem is between your stalk and the end of the headlight hardness. I’m guessing there is a relay that the stalk activates that may need checked.
Where do I find these relays and how do I check them? I can fabricate a whole roll cage but when it comes to basic wiring, I’m completely blind and stupid.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I rechecked everything, and found that the female connector from the truck to the headlight had a piece of plastic inside which was causing one of the male points not to connect inside of the plug. I removed the broken piece and everything works great.