2012 Keyless Range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtech2k

Reaction score
I have a 2012 and I noticed that my keyless entry range has suddenly become terrible. It used to have a very long range but now it’s very short. I changed the battery in the fob but no change.

Anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know where the antenna is for it or how to extend it?

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My range sucks too. I would like to know if we can extend it as well.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and I noticed that my keyless entry range has suddenly become terrible. It used to have a very long range but now it’s very short. I changed the battery in the fob but no change.

Anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know where the antenna is for it or how to extend it?

Do both keys have a short range? My 2012 reaches a fair distance. It dips when the battery gets low, but when replaced it's back to a long way.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
When I got my truck, one key was obviously used, but the other was like new. So I have been using the newer one for over a year. When the range recently dropped, I put in a new battery in it but there's no change. Before this started, my range was outstanding. I could activate it from across parking lots and stuff like that. Now, I almost have to be standing next to it.

Does anyone know where the antenna is or how it receives the signal? I just wonder if it is loose or getting blocked somehow.

OP
OP
D

djtech2k

Reaction score
Thanks. I am a little confused about that thread.

My 2012 has the built-in remote start and security. Is there a way to just boost/increase the range of the key fob/remote start? I see mention of bi-directional and a security system, but I am not really interested in those.

Is that possible somehow or do you have to buy and install all of those things? $300+ and multiple installs seems like more than I was hoping to have to do to get the range back to where it used to be.