2012 HID conversion harness recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used all stock parts from the 13-14 housings and used morimoto's harness.

I did the same. Last fall both lights went out on me. Checked all the fuses and Morimoto relay box, I think it must be part of the harness that failed but I haven't purchased another to try it yet.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's just an old projector is all. It's not that great compared to what's out there now. Plus the factory HID is less then desirable. The output is NOT that good. It's why so many Gen1 Raptors are putting retrofit housings or aftermarket housings in.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put in LEDs from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and they are such a drastic improvement and were a very easy swap. I also did reverse and cargo lights while I was at it. I highly recommend. There is a reason new cars have moved away from HID towards LED. Simplicity, cost, and output make it a no brainer. Just make sure you double check the part numbers ordered vs. received. ;)

Morimoto's projectors are great, but if I were going to spend HID money today I would go with https://www.raptorretrofit.com/ for a truly unique look. To be clear, I would and did go LED, but all the extra CFL and glowing stuff does look cool.