2012 Crank, No Start - Fuse 27 is not the issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PistonHead

Reaction score
I shut my truck off Thursday night and went to restart it about five minutes later and, **** - the famous crank, no start issue. The no. 27 fuse relocation TSB was completed by the dealer awhile ago. I checked the fuse, it's good. Pulled the relay and tested it, its good. verified the relay and fuse were working together as intended, cranked it a few more times and then called it a night.

Friday afternoon I jump in and it started right up. I shut it off, started it again, on and off a few more times, then all of a sudden it died, then back to crank, no start. Tested the coils for fire, confirmed they are firing.

I replaced the fuel pump control module as a shotgun diagnosis, still cranks, no start.

Tried the additional two keys and have the same issue. attempted to start it with the remote start and it still cranked with no start.

Scanned it, no codes present

Verified the fuel pump is pumping fuel by pulling the line off the rail, even though I could hear it prime I wanted to make sure it was putting out fuel. It pumps plenty when cranking.

Optima battery is strong and fairly new but I pulled the cables, cleaned and re-secured them just in case.

So I have fuel and fire but it still will not start, any ideas? any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

2012, 120K miles

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happy to help if I can. Have you verified whether you have injector pulse with a noid light or test light?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have spark but it's not hitting on ether your spark must be out of phase. Crankshaft position sensor gone bad possibly, or the trigger wheel slipped on the crank, otherwise something elsewhere in the ignition system.

Reaction score
I was getting code p0355. Spent a bunch of time swapping coils and plugs but they were all good. Finally gave up and took it to the stealership and they said it was a bad MAF. Replaced it and was good to go. Anyways no code for the MAF in particular.