2012 Crank, No Start - and Fuse 27 is not the issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PistonHead

PistonHead

Reaction score
Ford did a poor job on those three plugs with taping them up,
I warped more electrical tape around them after giving a good cleaning.
And a little O-ring grease to keep moisture out in the plugs.
Just food for thought.

Great advice, I will definitely do that, it's dry, hot and dusty out here, it also probably doesn't help that I picked this up from the Border Patrol awhile back, it has seen its days of Baja - lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford did a poor job on those three plugs with taping them up,
I warped more electrical tape around them after giving a good cleaning.
And a little O-ring grease to keep moisture out in the plugs.
Just food for thought.

It's not a "Ford thing", and the only part that should be taped up is the harness; not the connector.. Those connectors are all supplier derived; which means multiple vehicle models from various makes use the same supplier with the same or similar design.

The differentiator is vehicles like the Raptor, which see some of the most extreme conditions of any production vehicle on the planet.

As far as the grease that should be applied to the connectors, I only recommend Motorcraft XG-12 electrical grease. Anything else can cause poor terminal contact and/or spread pins.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not a "Ford thing", and the only part that should be taped up is the harness; not the connector.. Those connectors are all supplier derived; which means multiple vehicle models from various makes use the same supplier with the same or similar design.

The differentiator is vehicles like the Raptor, which see some of the most extreme conditions of any production vehicle on the planet.

As far as the grease that should be applied to the connectors, I only recommend Motorcraft XG-12 electrical grease. Anything else can cause poor terminal contact and/or spread pins.

Well isn't Ford responsible for quality control.
And your right I could have said dielectric grease instead but you can use O-ring grease if applied carefully.
You only need to tape up the harness back onto the back of the plugs, I never said anything about taping up the whole plug.

IMG_20131014_104423_998.jpg

IMG_20131005_143547_313.jpg

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be really careful removing the dust cover over the PCM, its basically thin foam and will fall apart in your hands.

That foam is actually the worst thing.
Water, dirt and salt gets up in there and starts to grow mold and corrosion, corroding everything.
Not even sure what year they added that, 2013 or 2014

Last edited:
OP
OP
PistonHead

PistonHead

Reaction score
Another follow up report - 12 days later and still no problems, feel confident that if you have the same issue this repair is highly likely to resolve the issue. Thanks again to all that contributed