2012 6.2l Not Starting!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_o_b

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2012 Raptor is not starting, the battery is new and fully charged. When I turn the key, instead of cranking I just get this one big single “click” like the started motor is stuck.

It’s been with the ford garage for a week, they took the starter out and ‘cleaned’ it and said it was working fine. However when I went to collect it from the garage this evening it reverted back to the “click”.

I then had to get a cab home!

Anyone else had the same problem and if so I’d be very grateful if you could share the solution!

Chris S

Reaction score
Could be a seized starter also, if you get a click it sounds like the start command is being sent. One other possibility is loose battery or starter connections.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a starter issue. Back in the day we used to take a wrench and get under the car and bang on the starter a couple of times, it worker most of the time. But that was in the 90’s. Not sure if today’s starters work the same way or if the technology changed, but its worth a try.

Walt21

Reaction score
I had a situation a few years back that sounds like yours. Had my truck towed to the dealer multiple times, did a bunch of diagnostics, and replaced/tested many parts. The problem continued - turn the key and just a click noise. I did some internet searching and ended up buying new battery cables (cheap fix). Moisture got in there and caused some corrosion.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar intermittent issues starting. I would turn the key and get a single click sometimes, other times I would get nothing and it seemed like the battery was dead even though I had just charged it. Positive battery terminal clamp seemed tight but I gave it a couple of turns and it solved the issue. Start with the easy things first...