GEN 1 2012 6.2 Signal lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adio

Reaction score
Turn signal on passenger side does not work. Bulbs look good (even bought one new and tested), fuses look good. Brake lights work (same fuse). There is -one- working; the one in the mirror you can see from the passenger seat.

They blink (and tick) fast on both sides.

I read that many people has to reset the BCM, but should that one light in the mirror work..?

I am -really- not a mechanic, so I just want tips that I can easily check myself, or get the mechanic to start checking the rights things straight away..!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would replace the bulbs in the front and back, its cheap and ive had to replace mine on both sides in the last two years. Ive even replaced the complete lights in both mirrors last year as part of the bulbs were burnt out. The lights will flash in the mirrors still even if the bulbs are burnt out in the tail lights and/or front headlight assy. Mine did the fast flash when one bulb was burnt out, that seems normal. GOOD LUCK

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fast blinking is an open circuit somewhere. The truck sees this and tells you something is wrong by blinking fast. Either you have failed bulbs or wiring. The easiest way to check is pull a bulb and check for voltage with a multimeter (lots of youtube on this). If you don't have one they are inexpensive and useful for automotive and home electrical diagnostics. If you aren't getting voltage at the socket you have a wiring issue.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of diagnostics CoronaRaptors method of just replacing all the bulbs is just as effective.

OP
OP
A

Adio

Reaction score
I would replace the bulbs in the front and back, its cheap and ive had to replace mine on both sides in the last two years. Ive even replaced the complete lights in both mirrors last year as part of the bulbs were burnt out. The lights will flash in the mirrors still even if the bulbs are burnt out in the tail lights and/or front headlight assy. Mine did the fast flash when one bulb was burnt out, that seems normal. GOOD LUCK

Thank you! If one bulb is burnt, will both fail?

I had a friend neasure the voltage in the front, but nothing :/ I think maybe the wiring is the problem, it is obvious that someone has done sonething there themself. But, I dont know if the car cuts the power to both front and back if one bulb fails...? #hope

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I had a friend neasure the voltage in the front, but nothing :/ I think maybe the wiring is the problem, it is obvious that someone has done sonething there themself. But, I dont know if the car cuts the power to both front and back if one bulb fails...? #hope
I believe only the burnt out bulb fails, the others should still flash. you may have a wiring issue, sucks balls if thats the case.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It may be that the BCM does a resistance check as part of start up and if it doesn't see the resistance wont send voltage, but if you have already changed the bulbs it's probably time to look at wiring. It seems odd both sides would have the problem, look for any hacked wiring and inspect it. Especially look for any scotch lock connectors, they can wreak havoc.