GEN 1 2011 with 176k miles worth 25k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven_Born

Reaction score
I agree with the last few posts, I bought my 2010 SCAB with 182k on the clock while I did pay less, I did have to address a few items. I say if the truck is as clean as the photos, negotiate the price. I would check the shocks throughly, many times I have seen these cleaned up masking leaks and other items. The dealers always try to get top retail for their vehicles, I say get there check it and then work the price. If you can get them to around $20k-22k, I say it could be worth it given how these trucks have jumped up in cost.

laselvasurf

Reaction score
To answer your question. Yes, it's worth that. In the current market, that will sell for right around $25K. Do I think you should buy it for that? I can't help you answer that question... But if you're looking to buy a gen 1 raptor now and don't want to pay a premium for lower miles, it may be one of your better options. Personally I'd look for a 13/14 year model and pay a little more for that. For reference, I bought a 13 SCREW terrain with 174K for $24K in December. A very similar truck just sold with 200K+ miles for over $30K. Both trucks have lots of upgrades(king 3.0s, deavers, bumpers, lightning ect...) and have been well maintained, so they are worth a bit more than what you're looking at with a stock 11. Prices may go down, but they could also continue to go up. If you can afford it and want it, I wouldn't wait. Don't be afraid of higher mileage gen 1s if they've been well maintained. Just my .02...

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 14s seem to be the best Gen1 year. I've read where the frames are beefed up from the factory. I bought my 1 owner 10 6.2 Scab for $27.5k 2 years ago and it had 86k miles. I had to buy tires, transmission seal was leaking and it needed brakes and I'm just now getting the front shocks replaced. Make sure the heat and A/C works on both sides of the cab. My drivers side blend door is stuck I think and only has cooler air coming out. I think Gen1 prices will start dropping once the Gen3s start hitting the showroom floors.

OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
All depends on how bad you want one. But buying something with FOMO can be irrational sometimes. As others have said, if you are willing to wait, it can be in your interest financially. I bought a 2013 in November of 2020 just before prices really went crazy. To put the truck you are looking at into perspective for current market prices, I paid 50k, so twice as much, for a Roush SC with 53k miles. Not one door ding and only one minor scratch at the very bottom of the skid plate. So babied from what I can tell. Yes it’s twice the price as the truck you are looking at, but close to 1/4 the mileage and the SC seems to add around 10k to the price.

One other reason these older trucks are selling at the prices they are is the credit market. With banks being paid nearly nothing overnight, not only are they offering low rates, but more importantly to used vehicle prices, their lending standards are loose. When credit tightens, lenders will not give the same loan to value they currently are on trucks that are 10 years old. Instead of 100%+ financing of the blue book, they may only allow 80%. The market will start a correction process with buyers either then need to put down more cash, or sellers will have to start taking lower offers to get the vehicle sold.

That being said, if your plan is to buy it on credit, now will be easier than down the road. Everybody has different mechanical abilities, and every truck has had different major services already completed. But on a truck with that mileage, I would plan for multiple 1k to 2k repairs after you purchase it. Making monthly payments AND paying for large repairs would suck.

The above is just my opinion and I’ve been wrong before.
Yea that makes sense. I’m going to wait it out, build up some more cash. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
All great info and input from both sides. I’m going to pass on this one, build up some cash and find the one. I’m not to worried about prices rising, my guess is once the 3rd gen and maybe the Raptor R (with a V8) start selling the FOMO on the 6.2 will die down.

Stew_Magoo

Reaction score
. Buying from a dealer....who took it in on a trade as a commerical use truck......NOT...could of had 20 different employees driving it and having "fun" with it..... To iffy in my book..!

"Commercial vehicle" means it was owned by a business, it doesn't mean it was a fleet vehicle. Some dude bought this and put it in his businesses name. Vehicle condition is 100 times more important than what some piece of paper says

OP
OP
K

kuuzi

Reaction score
I called the original dealer and they said a logging company had owned the truck for the ten years. Someone else bought it, and I wish them the best of luck.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Title says it, I found 2011 Raptor 1 owner with 176k miles. The dealership (Mini cooper) doesn’t have any info on the previous owner, but on the car fax it was a commercial truck and had gone to the same Ford dealership for 10 years. Every 5k miles the oil was changed. Some other routine maintenance but wasn’t in great detail.
Here are some photos, I’m three hours away so haven’t been able to look at it yet.
Wondering if I should wait till the prices go down, or pick it up right now?
Thanks in advance. New to the forum.
FIY and reference, in 2019 I sold my 2010 with 200k miles for $20k but it had new tires, new shocks at 140k, and several options, winch, CargoGlide, lights. Wish I still had it now, I would ask $25 for it now.. Happy Hunting

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices of new and used vehicles of all stripes are off the hook. And unlikely to go down.

supply is way down for new vehicles. Prices are up and used is following suit.

plus V8 truck. In demand.