2011 w/ 100k, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnamnesisV

Reaction score
A local dealer recently listed a 2011 raptor with 100k miles on it for $32,000. The price is pretty common for my area. I’ve always wanted a gen 1 raptor and this is about as close as I’ve ever been to possibly getting one. Usually they’re just too much cost wise for me. My biggest hold up is it’s 10 years old with 100k. Is it going to be reliable? Assuming the previous owner cared for it..? The shocks have TSW stickers on them and dated from 2019 that they were rebuilt. It’s very clean overall for my area (northeast). I’m also looking at 18+ f150’s for ~35k. What do you guys think?
Bought mine last summer 2011 Molten Orange Screw 100k miles for $31k but I had a trade in and ended up being 18k after everything. Has everything except sunroof. New shocks new 3rd Brake Light. Put it to the test drove it to Houston from Dallas and back same day! Have not looked back since. Mine has about 130k now. She’s a beast

Attachments

• C4A02468-E320-402C-B08D-A0C558381828.jpeg
    C4A02468-E320-402C-B08D-A0C558381828.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 21

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011. 173,000 miles on it. All I ever had to do was just routine maintenance and shock rebuild. Only thing that crapped out on it was 1 coil pack. Thats it. EXTREMELY RELIABLE TRUCK. I had my cab corners done last yr. I live in CT. If the cab corners have any blistering I recommend getting them replaced. My rockers are still good cause during winters I do under carriage wash. Mine looks better than most vehicles with 30k miles. It also gets parked in a warm garage so everything melts off it during the winter. Get it. Its an AWSOME truck

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth. I am NO fan of of a lift kit on a Raptor. Takes away what the truck was designed for and so on and so on. Especially handeling

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mid perch setting is a different story. Mid perch puts the Raptor its originally designed ride height and handles way better. The DOT made Ford lower bumper height thus the extra low setting

OP
OP
G

gearhead22

Reaction score
Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth. I am NO fan of of a lift kit on a Raptor. Takes away what the truck was designed for and so on and so on. Especially handeling
I completely understand and agree with that. Honestly for me I won’t use the raptor for it’s intended purpose. I just love how they look and what they’re about and that’s why I want one.

JamesK

Reaction score
Im in South Florida (key west) with a 2011 screw with 52000 and kbb has it valued at $42,000 minimum. I absolutely love my truck but unfortunately there's no where in the keys to see what this baby can do. I've put new 35's on it and a slide top tonneau on it. Tuxedo black and getting ready to do plugs too. There is a little rust but I live on an island in the Atlantic/gulf of Mexico so there's that. Doesn't change the love for my beast. I'd say go for it.

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
Damn I must have gotten a deal them, during the height of COVID.. I found my 2011 SCREW with 109k miles, for $24k… at a Toyota dealership that laid off all but 3 of its salesman..,they were just wholesaling it out to break even

Love this truck.. it’s the most uneconomical, gas guzzling, big, loud, Bro-a$$-hole thing I have ever bought… and I effing LOVE IT