2011 w/ 100k, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gearhead22

Reaction score
I hear ya gearhead im up in New England myself and in the same boat. I want a 13-14 but they all seem to be over 100k miles where i can afford them, but i dont mind a bit of up keep. It just concerns me on how long they’ll go before anything major or rust kicks in. Yay salty roads. Plus idk much about fords in general since im coming from being a chevy guy haha.
Yeah rust is always a concern for us. This one is very clean from what I can see. If I was to get it I would hope that I could keep it that way. It will have to be driven through winter though. I’m just torn because I’ve wanted a raptor for a long time and never really could make it happen. This one I easily could but I’m not so sure it’s the appropriate one to get or not. I know the 13/14’s are “better”. But they’re just so pricey here and I can’t pay 40k for a 7 year old 100k mile truck.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It’s a screw loaded with what I believe are all the options. It’s exceptionally clean for my area especially a 2011. I’m just kind of hung up with reliability. I think the raptors are awesome in every aspect. But when comparing the money they bring you can get an 18+ f150 for only a couple thousand more. Or even the same price lol. Then I’d have a warranty for at least a little while if things were to go wrong

Yeah rust is always a concern for us. This one is very clean from what I can see. If I was to get it I would hope that I could keep it that way. It will have to be driven through winter though. I’m just torn because I’ve wanted a raptor for a long time and never really could make it happen. This one I easily could but I’m not so sure it’s the appropriate one to get or not. I know the 13/14’s are “better”. But they’re just so pricey here and I can’t pay 40k for a 7 year old 100k mile truck.
Yup same here. 40k is more then i want to pay for it also. Im just hoping the prices go back down soon.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This and more. 2011 for $32k is debatable. If it was 2014 I’d say sure, assuming all of the above is above board.

FWIW I paid $35k for a 2014 w 93k mi a couple years back. 2013/14 have reinforced frames, updated electronic and headlights if I recall correctly. Probably some other things as well.
Omg! Updates headlights! And electronics! that’s the selling points?? show me the reinforced frame. “Probably some other things as well”

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13/14 being “better” Is kind of a joke.
Better headlights….. ok. $600ish to swap in headlights that are worlds better than the 13/14 lights in a 10-12.
Torsen….. not a big deal really.
Sync…. ALL SYNC SUCKS. Period. It’s a off road truck.
Mini vans have better “electronics” and seat AC and heated steering wheels.
IMO the 13/14 aren’t worth the extra cash. Bang for the buck is 10-12. And what man actually leaves a vehicle stock??? Or buys a truck based on the user interface of their smart phone to the navigation so they can never go off road anyway

OP
OP
G

gearhead22

Reaction score
Better headlights….. ok. $600ish to swap in headlights that are worlds better than the 13/14 lights in a 10-12.
IMO the 13/14 aren’t worth the extra cash. Bang for the buck is 10-12. And what man actually leaves a vehicle stock??? Or buys a truck based on the user interface of their smart phone to the navigation so they can never go off road anyway
I understand where you’re coming from. I agree sync isn’t great. Sync 2 is mildly more pleasing. If I remember correctly some 14’s can be upgraded to sync 3 but still. Idk what other electronics are “upgrade do but that doesn’t concern me. The headlights I agree can easily be upgraded. Morimoto headlights can be had for $800 iirc. I guess the 13-14 isn’t really better. But I do enjoy the updates to the interior and wheels. I’m really considering it but just unsure.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand where you’re coming from. I agree sync isn’t great. Sync 2 is mildly more pleasing. If I remember correctly some 14’s can be upgraded to sync 3 but still. Idk what other electronics are “upgrade do but that doesn’t concern me. The headlights I agree can easily be upgraded. Morimoto headlights can be had for $800 iirc. I guess the 13-14 isn’t really better. But I do enjoy the updates to the interior and wheels. I’m really considering it but just unsure.
If you get it and are worried about rust, you need to yearly, every fall, spray fluid film or equivalent on the underbody. I've been doing mine since new and mine is rust free @150,000 miles. It might cost you 30-40 dollars and an hour or 2 of your time!

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who pissed in your cereal? Just trying to give some info to someone. For fuhks sake…

Had to edit this. I forgot the go eat a dihk part. Way to go ahs hole.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
If you get it and are worried about rust, you need to yearly, every fall, spray fluid film or equivalent on the underbody. I've been doing mine since new and mine is rust free @150,000 miles. It might cost you 30-40 dollars and an hour or 2 of your time!

Agreed. I use wool wax on my 10 tahoe 143k and its helped soo much just wish the owners before me used it… the set up cost will be a couple hundo depending on what you have already. I use the wool wax bottom feed sprayer on a small compressor and get the wax in a 5 gal bucket.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Think you should pay a bit more and get a 13/14 with higher miles. Got 115k miles on mine and its running like a champ. Take it off road once a month, ONLY thing rattling is the Roll N Lock tonneau cover. Major service (over the past 5K miles) included fluids, spark plugs, steering pump (Lee's), replacing the suspension with 3.0 takeoffs, KCH front buckets, Deavers +3. Did a compression check, the engine is rock solid. The ONLY thing is the occasional transmission jerk, but thats more a FORD than a Raptor issue.

BUT if your dead set on the '11... it would be a great buy UNDER $29K IMO :)

Last edited: