2011 w/ 100k, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearhead22

Reaction score
A local dealer recently listed a 2011 raptor with 100k miles on it for $32,000. The price is pretty common for my area. I’ve always wanted a gen 1 raptor and this is about as close as I’ve ever been to possibly getting one. Usually they’re just too much cost wise for me. My biggest hold up is it’s 10 years old with 100k. Is it going to be reliable? Assuming the previous owner cared for it..? The shocks have TSW stickers on them and dated from 2019 that they were rebuilt. It’s very clean overall for my area (northeast). I’m also looking at 18+ f150’s for ~35k. What do you guys think?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Is it a scab or a screw? Fully loaded? Besides all that, there is another 100k of miles easy to be put on that truck, will it require maintenance, yes! It is due for spark plugs and a serpentine belt, if I can do it, so can you. I have 150k on my 2010 and have had to do odd stuff, like heated seat element, damper motor, etc. Nothing major yet, just did a tune up on it, new coils, plugs and wires. Way cheaper to buy a used vehicle and maintain it yourself than a new one. You'll probably need the diff fluids changed and the transfer case if none of those have been done yet either. I would try to get it a bit cheaper unless it is pristine. Check the rockers and cab corners (screw) for rust.

OP
OP
G

gearhead22

Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Is it a scab or a screw? Fully loaded? Besides all that, there is another 100k of miles easy to be put on that truck, will it require maintenance, yes! It is due for spark plugs and a serpentine belt, if I can do it, so can you. I have 150k on my 2010 and have had to do odd stuff, like heated seat element, damper motor, etc. Nothing major yet, just did a tune up on it, new coils, plugs and wires. Way cheaper to buy a used vehicle and maintain it yourself than a new one. You'll probably need the diff fluids changed and the transfer case if none of those have been done yet either. I would try to get it a bit cheaper unless it is pristine. Check the rockers and cab corners (screw) for rust.
Thanks for the reply! It’s a screw loaded with what I believe are all the options. It’s exceptionally clean for my area especially a 2011. I’m just kind of hung up with reliability. I think the raptors are awesome in every aspect. But when comparing the money they bring you can get an 18+ f150 for only a couple thousand more. Or even the same price lol. Then I’d have a warranty for at least a little while if things were to go wrong

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New England, look at the inner rocker panels and make sure every piece of tape covering the holes is intact, if not look in there, better yet boroscope it, look for rust, same under the bed, drop the spare, look at bed crossmembers, the later is easy to fix, the former is much harder....

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It’s a screw loaded with what I believe are all the options. It’s exceptionally clean for my area especially a 2011. I’m just kind of hung up with reliability. I think the raptors are awesome in every aspect. But when comparing the money they bring you can get an 18+ f150 for only a couple thousand more. Or even the same price lol. Then I’d have a warranty for at least a little while if things were to go wrong
If you are wishy washy on it at all, then you should not pull the trigger, save that Raptor for somebody who doesn't mind doing repairs themselves. If you need a warranty to make yourself feel comfortable, then you should go that route, no harm no foul.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New England, look at the inner rocker panels and make sure every piece of tape covering the holes is intact, if not look in there, better yet boroscope it, look for rust, same under the bed, drop the spare, look at bed crossmembers, the later is easy to fix, the former is much harder....
This and more. 2011 for $32k is debatable. If it was 2014 I’d say sure, assuming all of the above is above board.

FWIW I paid $35k for a 2014 w 93k mi a couple years back. 2013/14 have reinforced frames, updated electronic and headlights if I recall correctly. Probably some other things as well.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used anything prices are crazy right now, when I kbb my 2011 it comes up stupid... 88k miles... $35-38 at Good... Glad it's paid for... Keeps me from being tempted to trade for 2022 super raptor or whatever it's called... Lol

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Used anything prices are crazy right now, when I kbb my 2011 it comes up stupid... 88k miles... $35-38 at Good... Glad it's paid for... Keeps me from being tempted to trade for 2022 super raptor or whatever it's called... Lol
A new vehicle is the same price as a vacation home these days. Glad I don't need a new vehicle.

OP
OP
G

gearhead22

Reaction score
This and more. 2011 for $32k is debatable. If it was 2014 I’d say sure, assuming all of the above is above board.

FWIW I paid $35k for a 2014 w 93k mi a couple years back. 2013/14 have reinforced frames, updated electronic and headlights if I recall correctly. Probably some other things as well.
In my area 13-14’s with under 100k are $40,000 easily. It’s upsetting. The raptors are cool but why do they have to hold value so we’ll

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I hear ya gearhead im up in New England myself and in the same boat. I want a 13-14 but they all seem to be over 100k miles where i can afford them, but i dont mind a bit of up keep. It just concerns me on how long they’ll go before anything major or rust kicks in. Yay salty roads. Plus idk much about fords in general since im coming from being a chevy guy haha.