2011 SVT Raptor tailgate cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adensvtraptor

Reaction score
I need to find replacement for this tailgate cable. Any suggestions where I should get it from?
There’s this one website called realtrucks.com they have it for $40 but idk if they’re gonna last long or not.

Attachments

• 9DDF0254-381A-42C1-BD8E-4F7E5F774EB3.jpeg
    9DDF0254-381A-42C1-BD8E-4F7E5F774EB3.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 52
  • F58420CB-59D6-4562-B928-44D2FA96FF82.jpeg
    F58420CB-59D6-4562-B928-44D2FA96FF82.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 50

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not a cable. its a tailgate assist. keeps from dropping the tailgate too fast. i used to have one, but it didnt handle offroading and broke. tightening the nut on the back side really sucks, if you decide to get a replacement. i believe deezee makes them

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its not a cable. its a tailgate assist. keeps from dropping the tailgate too fast. i used to have one, but it didnt handle offroading and broke. tightening the nut on the back side really sucks, if you decide to get a replacement. i believe deezee makes them
He is showing the cable as well, it's almost split apart. I have no idea, you could try rockauto or tasca parts.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use AM auto for "cheap" stuff, they show a pair for $18.
Dorman replacements show for $49 there.
AZ and Amazon show single ones for $around $13 each.
Didn't see anything better/heavier duty while doing a quick search if that is what you were after.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is showing the cable as well, it's almost split apart. I have no idea, you could try rockauto or tasca parts.
duh.... since it wasnt inserted as a full image, the text was blocking the view of the cable. and with the second pic of the tailgate assist bolt, i figured it was that only.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also go with the Gate-King, it is an adjustable steel hinge arm, if you want something way more heavy duty and adjustable drop.

toolmanglenn

Reaction score
I need to find replacement for this tailgate cable. Any suggestions where I should get it from?
There’s this one website called realtrucks.com they have it for $40 but idk if they’re gonna last long or not.
I wouldn’t recommend “Realtruck.com” to anyone. Ordered 2 pair of mudflats. Total was over $400. I received 1 pair and that was it. Multiple calls to the company and got nowhere. Wouldn’t refund my money claiming it was past the 90 day return period. I couldn’t get the point across that I never received my complete order. Long story short- had to get BBB involved and found multiple complaints against this outfit. Ultimately it was the credit card dispute that got my money back. But it took months.
I do recommend “SharpTruck.Com for there professionalism and their quality products!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my tailgate assist from Ronin, along with the .50 cal antenna. Assuming it is the Tailgate assit in question

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's the one I have.

Don't use the nutsert BS though. Go in through the access panel and secure it from the backside with a SS fender washer, a SS nylon lock nut, and some loctite.

I also put a piece of heat shrink over it to hide the nasty yellow logo. You could scuff it and paint it black too.

The tailgate cables are the same as any other 09-14 F150.