GEN 1 2011 Rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Hello friends,
The rubber on my rear window is coming off. I'd like to glue it back on but I don't know what kind of adhesive to use. Or maybe I might as well replace the rubber seals all together.

If any of you can help me out with replacement that would be hella awesome!

TIA!!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that the right product is the same contact cement used to glue rubber door seals.
It is available at any auto parts store.

Chris Brown

Reaction score
I’m curious as well. My ‘12 is looking rough on each side of my center slider. I’ve wondered about some restorative treatment or just a new trim...

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply!
I have been very busy these past few days.

don't mind the mess above, the cargo light ... I have to get someone to come out and fix some dents around the light. It wont seal properly so I had to tape around it to keep water out. If anyone has any ideas of a better temporary fix, I'll try it out.

20210327_131623.jpg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That pic is way more helpful. That's the slider seal. I don't know if there is a replacement unit available for it. It may be a replace the whole window type fix. Go with solid glass! These sliders seem to be seriously devoid of engineering for longevity.

For the seal on that 3rd light, go to the hardware store, get some window seal foam (like for home windows and doors). Stick it to the brake light itself to close the gap.

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'll def do the seal for the break light asap ... water gets into the cab. I'll start looking for replacement parts for the slider.

Much appreciated!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck! If you do have to replace the glass don't sweat it. It is a really easy DIY project. If you find parts let us know about that too.

OP
OP
SVTRaptorGT500

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
I will thank you!

Now let me also say that, I have disabled the slider for that window. I have a sun roof and the fact that its part plastic and has crapped out on me and everywhere I went for a fix was asking for 1500+ to fix. So I don't plan to open it any more. It is a pain in the ass to replace the rails for the sun roof ... heck, its a pain in the ass to access the sun roof.

Anyhow, Thank you!