2011 Raptor with no fox shocks or Aux switches?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trolling AutoTrader to get an idea of the current market, and I ran across a 2011 raptor that appears to not have fox shocks, or the upfitter switches...
Was this a thing in 2011? I thought all raptors had those two items... it did look like a base model truck, however... and I love the RTV rattle fix on the door switch LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all raptors regardless of trim had fox shocks and aux switches. the shocls could have been swapped out. but even the boarder patrol raptors had aux switches and they were below base. could be a conversion
The window sticker shows it as being a raptor... this thing just has me scratching my head:

1675196583110.png

14oxfordwhite

Reaction score
2 things to note: Copy the VIN down and contact SVT directly. They can verify if it was a Raptor or not. Secondly, and I'm just assuming here, I see a note for a Govt Contract# on this window sticker. I'd have to assume, if the Federal prison ordered them from Ford, they could likely delete any option they wanted..... I would still contact SVT and get some specifics.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 things to note: Copy the VIN down and contact SVT directly. They can verify if it was a Raptor or not. Secondly, and I'm just assuming here, I see a note for a Govt Contract# on this window sticker. I'd have to assume, if the Federal prison ordered them from Ford, they could likely delete any option they wanted..... I would still contact SVT and get some specifics.
I would in no way purchase that truck, I have my gen1... I was just "contracted" by my neighbor to find his son a truck, and this one was within the budget. But, it appears a bit too rough for what I know he's looking for. I was just noting some things I saw in the pics... I had originally thought those were standard equipment, but maybe the "gov" had a different options... the missing shocks is really throwing me off... I didn't know there were standard replacements that could fit. and why does a prison need a raptor?! lol

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first glance it looks like a Frankenstein of a truck. But what I believe this is, is one of the Border Patrol spec trucks.

I was googling around, all the border patrol (gov) raptors I see still had the upfitter switches... I can't tell about the shocks, but what is the point of a raptor without the suspension?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Prison Industries provide many things made or assembled by prisoners. In California, there is a whole catalog of crap that state agencies are required to purchase from first before going out to general vendors. Could just be a notation on the window sticker stating some parts came from the federal prison system.

Edit: Found this on the interwebz......Furthermore, The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) uses prison labor to modify Ford vehicles for agency-specific use. Federal Prison Industries, Inc, the federal prison labor program known as UNICOR, orders Ford vehicles that are then altered to fit the government's requirements by people who are incarcerated in federal prisons. For example, in 2017, DHS awarded UNICOR a $3.4 million contract to “procure and retrofit” 90 Ford F-150 pickup trucks for Transportation Security Administration (TSA) K-9 transport vehicles.

This truck was purchased and modified for a specific government agency. Anyone's guess why they would start with a raptor and then take away suspension and upfitters. Might as well just start with a regular F-150.

Last edited: