2011 Raptor SCrew--Trans Downshifted to 5th and Stuck There

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Update--PCM's Are Apparently on BACKORDER

So, pretty much, I'm screwed--more accurately, un-SCrewed--for the forseeable future.

They should have a better idea of when the PCM's will be available by early next week.

This sucks. A lot.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does suck...I feel your pain.

Hopefully this will be the one and ONLY issue you have with the truck...

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
So, pretty much, I'm screwed--more accurately, un-SCrewed--for the forseeable future.

They should have a better idea of when the PCM's will be available by early next week.

This sucks. A lot.

I wonder if Ford has identified a larger issue and is holding on to the PCM's. I hope my truck isn't affected.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This sucks. A lot.

Kglesg: 1. Make sure you talk with your svg manager AND the parts manager. They should be able to confirm that they have put in an emergency order for the PCM and get you priority on the part. 2. If this gets strung out, tell the Svc Manager to start a case number on your issue and give you the number to the Manufacturers Rep. for your area. 3. Express your concern on the downtime to the FoMoCo Rep., if you remain polite but firm they will do what they can to keep you a happy Ford customer. After a long delay on the PCM, I got my truck back :) with an extended warranty courtesy of FoMoCo.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts here. I took the truck to the dealer. They wanted to run a diagnostic "just in case" there might be a code in the history. There wasn't .. no surprise there. They said they will call Ford tomorrow morning for some direction on this problem. By all accounts this is a bad PCM. I'm very concerned about the wear & tear that has or will occur. The gears were banging pretty bad. Hard to ask for the dealer to do anything without being able to duplicate the symptom ... but the symptom is very hard on the tranny imo!!! This sucks.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Ford has identified a larger issue and is holding on to the PCM's. I hope my truck isn't affected.

Dave, your truck was built way past BCM/PCM Factory "issue" date, and it's moving your direction .....

randy

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Batcreek, MI Jan-16-2011, 08:28 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Lansing, MI Jan-16-2011, 07:06 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Passing (Canadian National Railways ) Pontiac, MI Jan-16-2011, 02:43 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Pontiac, MI Jan-15-2011, 23:00 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Miljct, MI Jan-15-2011, 20:01 ET Jan-27-2011

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Dave, your truck was built way past BCM/PCM Factory "issue" date, and it's moving your direction .....

randy

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Batcreek, MI Jan-16-2011, 08:28 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Lansing, MI Jan-16-2011, 07:06 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Passing (Canadian National Railways ) Pontiac, MI Jan-16-2011, 02:43 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Pontiac, MI Jan-15-2011, 23:00 ET Jan-27-2011

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways ) Miljct, MI Jan-15-2011, 20:01 ET Jan-27-2011

I hope you're right and I'm happy to see that my truck is enjoying the scenery in Michigan.:waytogo:

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Kglesg: 1. Make sure you talk with your svg manager AND the parts manager. They should be able to confirm that they have put in an emergency order for the PCM and get you priority on the part. 2. If this gets strung out, tell the Svc Manager to start a case number on your issue and give you the number to the Manufacturers Rep. for your area. 3. Express your concern on the downtime to the FoMoCo Rep., if you remain polite but firm they will do what they can to keep you a happy Ford customer. After a long delay on the PCM, I got my truck back :) with an extended warranty courtesy of FoMoCo.

Many thanks for that advice. I will do that on Monday.