2011 Raptor frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KazooG1Raptor

Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor and noticed in the front passenger side wheel well that the frame has what looks like a welded to the frame piece of metal - maybe for strength. However this piece is rusted out and pulling away from frame. The frame under the welded piece is good. But should I be worried about the extra welded on piece? Anyone have thoughts on what this is and if I need to get a new piece welded back on.
Thanks. First Raptor and learning as I go.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's some serious rust rot and pure negligence.
I daily drove in NYC through salt, brine and sand for 12 years
and only have slight surface rust spots that I do need to wire brush and paint.
I fortunately had a garage warm enough to keep a garden hose running during the winter
and was able to hose the truck and undercarriage when I got home.
Froze my ass off doing it but was well worth it.
Now, once I'm done with remodeling my new home in Florida the Raptor will get all the TLC she deserves.
You will never know it was a Northeastern truck.

FYI, the Raptor has a dual walled frame, that's why Ford allows jumping, I believe to 5 feet in height.
That spot you're showing is a pretty critical area and you're missing one wall already.
How's the back side of the frame?
If it was mine, I would get that properly repaired by a shop that can do frame repairs.
One that will have a frame straightener and jig it up and weld it right.

When I get a chance, I'll take a pic of mine or someone else will have a pic of that area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KazooG1Raptor

KazooG1Raptor

Reaction score
Is that a pic of the drivers side or passenger side? Mine issue is on the passenger side. Drivers side is good.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some serious rust rot and pure negligence.
I daily drove in NYC through salt, brine and sand for 12 years
and only have slight surface rust spots that I do need to wire brush and paint.
I fortunately had a garage warm enough to keep a garden hose running during the winter
and was able to hose the truck and undercarriage when I got home.
Froze my ass off doing it but was well worth it.
Now, once I'm done with remodeling my new home in Florida the Raptor will get all the TLC she deserves.
You will never know it was a Northeastern truck.

FYI, the Raptor has a dual walled frame, that's why Ford allows jumping, I believe to 5 feet in height.
That spot you're showing is a pretty critical area and you're missing one wall already.
How's the back side of the frame?
If it was mine, I would get that properly repaired by a shop that can do frame repairs.
One that will have a frame straightener and jig it up and weld it right.

When I get a chance, I'll take a pic of mine or someone else will have a pic of that area.
thought the reinforced frame was in the back only and on 2012 and newer? at least thats what i can remember from all the debates a decade ago