2011 Raptor 300k issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JA1972

Reaction score
Battery issues..thinking its the alternator..any info on how hard it is to change out ?? Already switched out battery...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery issues..thinking its the alternator..any info on how hard it is to change out ?? Already switched out battery...
a quick test is to start the truck and then disconnect the battery. if it still runs, then the alternator is good. also take a meter and check the voltage while its running. should be around the 14v range

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a quick test is to start the truck and then disconnect the battery. if it still runs, then the alternator is good. also take a meter and check the voltage while its running. should be around the 14v range
That’s a great technique, in 1970, if you want a burnt up pcm, go ahead and disconnect the battery with it running.

You replaced the battery, did you reset the BMS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a great technique, in 1970, if you want a burnt up pcm, go ahead and disconnect the battery with it running.

You replaced the battery, did you reset the BMS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whether the key is on and the battery dies, or its running and the battery dies, its no different. i wouldnt suggest doing it everyday, but its a simple test to check that the alternator is functional or not. also, when you get your battery replaced, a lot of places will do it like this to retain all you memory features.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whether the key is on and the battery dies, or its running and the battery dies, its no different. i wouldnt suggest doing it everyday, but its a simple test to check that the alternator is functional or not. also, when you get your battery replaced, a lot of places will do it like this to retain all you memory features.
Uhhh, yes it does matter. The pcm controls the alternator, there’s a reason the bms has to be reset after battery replacement, that diagnosis is not a good one.

Replacing the battery without resetting the bms will result in the alternator charging at its normal voltage but only at 10 amps, pretty soon, your battery will be dead, because the car is running off of it and your alternator is not charging the battery.

But feel free to diagnose as you choose, it’s that stuff that keeps me employed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk