2011 Raptor 216K - Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aboshi

Reaction score
Don’t get too put off, def talk him down!
I just got a 2013 with 244k miles I stole it at $14k. 2 owners here in the NE, both drove it insane amount of miles a year30k/20k respectively. Def extremely well maintained or it would not have lasted this long. First owner used as fleet, second owner used it on a horse farm. Smelled like horse ******** and saddle leather! After I got that stank out I dropped about $2k into it so far to get it up to date on maintenance. Needed to do all fluid changes, pinion seal, both lower ball joints, flush power steering pump, and have all 4 shocks rebuilt. Then I took it in for an alignment. I had my mechanic do the ball joints and pinion seal because I didn’t want to be bothered, you can save quite a bit of $ doing it yourself as they will get you on 4 hours of labor for both ball joints and an hour on pinion seal. I also have a rusted cab corner (oam quick covers will do just fine to fix that) all in all though don’t let high miles scare you off. As long as that truck wasn’t abused! I got mine sight unseen, but have your guy take loads of pics and video. Especially of the frame. Rocker panel and cab corner rust isn’t bad and common especially in the north east. It’s an easy fix, BUT if there’s any frame rot RUN! Also have him take loads of video of the engine running and have him show you the fluids.

Good luck

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Don’t get too put off, def talk him down!
I just got a 2013 with 244k miles I stole it at $14k. 2 owners here in the NE, both drove it insane amount of miles a year30k/20k respectively. Def extremely well maintained or it would not have lasted this long. First owner used as fleet, second owner used it on a horse farm. Smelled like horse ******** and saddle leather! After I got that stank out I dropped about $2k into it so far to get it up to date on maintenance. Needed to do all fluid changes, pinion seal, both lower ball joints, flush power steering pump, and have all 4 shocks rebuilt. Then I took it in for an alignment. I had my mechanic do the ball joints and pinion seal because I didn’t want to be bothered, you can save quite a bit of $ doing it yourself as they will get you on 4 hours of labor for both ball joints and an hour on pinion seal. I also have a rusted cab corner (oam quick covers will do just fine to fix that) all in all though don’t let high miles scare you off. As long as that truck wasn’t abused! I got mine sight unseen, but have your guy take loads of pics and video. Especially of the frame. Rocker panel and cab corner rust isn’t bad and common especially in the north east. It’s an easy fix, BUT if there’s any frame rot RUN! Also have him take loads of video of the engine running and have him show you the fluids.

Good luck

You had all that done for $2k? Are you the seller of the truck the OP is trying to buy? lol

Aboshi

Reaction score
You had all that done for $2k? Are you the seller of the truck the OP is trying to buy? lol
Ha, parts aren’t that expensive. Most of the cost is the shock rebuilds. I could have avoided paying $500 by not having my mechanic drop in the ball joints and pinion seal.
Each ball joint is only $50, pinion seal and nut is only $20. Rear diff fluid $90, oil and filter $45, tf fluid for power steering $10, PCV valve $10, oil catch can $30, add a leaf 2-2.5” $100 Shocks after shipping back and forth $800

I’m sure the OP will be fine if he gets the truck, just not at $18k Because you damn well know the entire suspension needs to be gone through and all fluids at the very minimum. Also looks like the owner like to ghetto rig things like that overflow cap Honestly any high mileage car/truck should be gone over fully, don’t ever trust the last owner! I myself went into my truck knowing I’d have to put some cash into it because who the hell sells a raptor for $14k. OP ask the guy for all maintenance records and run a carfax if your serious about it. The 6.2 is a beast and can easily hit 400-500k miles if taken care of.
It will never be a 5.7 Toyota motor though ‍♂️