2011 Raptor 216K - Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiskey8

Reaction score
Been looking at a 2011 Raptor with around 216K miles. Clean CARFAX. Price is 18K which seems fair, not sure how much wiggle room there is.

Facebook Marketplace Link

Attaching a few pics I requested (actually grabs of a video he sent). Engine sounds good. The company logo on the back makes me sad but hopefully it hasn't been on long enough to remain ghosted if I end up buying.

My plan was to get a F-150 after I sold my 2011 Mustang GT (Brembo/Track pack) that only has 14K miles. I had put a Raptor out of mind due to price / availability then this one pops up. The idea was to take whatever the 5.0 sells for and dump all that into a F-150. I can probably swing a 28-32K truck once it sells but the trick would be finding another Gen 1 6.2 Raptor and this one gives me some play money for mods. There aren't many Raptors I've found over 200K yet. I wish the engine was cleaner but I assume it should clean up okay. Shocks have never been rebuilt.

General thoughts from those that know?

Screenshot 2022-05-03 050321.png

Screenshot 2022-05-03 050805.png

Screenshot 2022-05-03 050204.png

Screenshot 2022-05-03 043532.png Screenshot 2022-05-03 043618.png

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy shiitballs is that air filter ever dirty. I would walk away from that, doesn’t look like it’s been lived ever. If somebody will leave a dirty air filter on like that then they will leave old fluids in the drivetrain and another clue is never have replaced or rebuilt the shocks. In the end it’s up to you. You could change ALL fluids, clean the engine and replace all shocks , but the rears are on back order, fronts you can get. No motors are available and buying used is half of what you’re paying for this truck. Let us know what you do.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
216K miles for $18K, looking like that? No offense, I see it's your 1st post, but are you insane???.

There are definitely better Raptors out there. You can definitely find a decent Gen 1 Raptor for $32K. Good luck.

OP
OP
W

Whiskey8

Reaction score
Thanks. That the direction I was leaning but you know how it is when something is finally so close, the mind starts doing all kinds of weird things to talk yourself into a bad decision. There's a big difference between between 18K and 32K and air filters are easy/cheap. Obviously the way it's been cared for wasn't good for it, the question is - did it hurt it and how much? These damn YouTubers with their videos on buying the highest mileage/cheapest Raptor and it all working out is skewing my perspective. Any other truck, no questions I'm walking away but maybe the Raptor is actually built that different? That's been my train of thought anyway.

That the forums allow such posts is a service to the community as a sanity check.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. That the direction I was leaning but you know how it is when something is finally so close, the mind starts doing all kinds of weird things to talk yourself into a bad decision. There's a big difference between between 18K and 32K and air filters are easy/cheap. Obviously the way it's been cared for wasn't good for it, the question is - did it hurt it and how much? These damn YouTubers with their videos on buying the highest mileage/cheapest Raptor and it all working out is skewing my perspective. Any other truck, no questions I'm walking away but maybe the Raptor is actually built that different? That's been my train of thought anyway.

That the forums allow such posts is a service to the community as a sanity check.
If you have about 5k as a safety net and pray the motor doesn't let go in the next 40k, it's not a bad idea to get a high mileage raptor like that. You will need to get it caught up on it's maintenance. You should really take it in for a certified inspection at a good shop or dealer. You sound like you are a younger person and thats all fine, we have all been there, we are just offering information we have learned from experience. Maybe it is time for you to enjoy learning that experience, like we did, as well. Keep us posted. Nobody will roast you if you buy it. If you end up getting it, introduce yourself in the new member section and post pics of it again, maybe even after its had a bath, lol.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the suspension, check behind the shocks for fluid, if they've never been replaced or rebuilt that's a problem. Shock exchange will cost you 625 to.....depending on what options you might want..like mid perch...different seals.. valves...things like that. But you got to take into account the core charge for yours...which they will give you once you send yours back..and tell you what they're going to actually give you back on the core charge..it depends on what they say was an issue with yours. So it could cost you some of your core refund also. New shocks will be expensive. Also if you can't do the replacement yourself then labor comes into this also. Check the back side of the fox shocks..send pics if you can. Put a code reader on it and see if it's throwing codes also...id drive it and run all the ac..heat....all windows..sliding glass...rear defroster...and check engine codes again after driving....put it in 4 wheel drive H...L...and off road mode.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd be walking into a project. That would destroy the 10-15K you would have left over for mods just in replacing what might be wore out at 200K+ miles. Like @CoronaRaptor said, and many of us know from experience the engines are hard to come by, and will run aroun 10K installed....I know this

Last edited:

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been thinking on this for some reason lol....not sure where the vehicle is located at.....but get under the truck and look at the bed rail supports and cab gussets (spelling) see if they have signs of rust. if this is up north....salt...bad bad bad.....i bought a 2010 HD F250...came from Nova Scotia. I could crush the cab gussets with my hands literally. The bed rail supports were all rusted. The truck looked immaculate...service records....bullet proofed at a awesome diesel shop.....interior was amazing. This was bought at a large dealership that did 125pt inspection.....and they replaced part of the rear end when they got it so i know they were under the truck..got it home....the fuel cell that was added to the truck was rattling bad on my dirt road. Checked the bolts, 2 were loose.. no big deal...till i went to tighten them the next morning. The bed was rusted but hidden with bed liner coating under and in the bed. The dealship had to but the truck back from me because they waiting 2 weeks to accept they screwed up. Good news was my credit looked like i paid this truck off in a month after financing it lol. Sucked because the truck was beautiful. But sadly it was a complete loss. Carfax btw.....they are a joke.

Attachments

• 20190731_084557.jpg
    20190731_084557.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190731_084701.jpg
    20190731_084701.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190731_084705.jpg
    20190731_084705.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190801_090336.jpg
    20190801_090336.jpg