2011 order type Stock vs Retail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2011 SCrew from my local dealer, but they submitted the order as order type 2 which I understand to be an order for dealer stock, and they said would get pulled faster. Another dealer who I spoke with wants to submit my order as a retail order for a customer which they claim will get built sooner.

I have a feeling that the first dealer that ordered it for stock may be playing games to get their allocation/floor sales numbers up and may not be acting in my best interest.

So thus my question: anyone know which is true - do the retail orders get processed before dealer stock orders?

ExtremeDave

Reaction score
Im not a salesmen or dealer but my understanding is.....customers orders get built before dealers.....I say this because I am researching the Raptor & this is what I have been told by multiple resources......

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Im not a salesmen or dealer but my understanding is.....customers orders get built before dealers.....I say this because I am researching the Raptor & this is what I have been told by multiple resources......

what he said.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So thus my question: anyone know which is true - do the retail orders get processed before dealer stock orders?

:welcome: dew.man

I suggest that you send a PM to Harley6LF250SDU and/or TeamFordRaptor (Aaron) they are both members here that are dealers and have sold a bunch of Raptors. Of everyone here, I would presume they would be the best qualified to give you the low-down regarding your question.

Also, if you feel like your dealer is playing games with you, they may be able to get you your Raptor faster and without feeding you a bunch of ******** in the process.
Just a thought.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2011 SCrew from my local dealer, but they submitted the order as order type 2 which I understand to be an order for dealer stock, and they said would get pulled faster. Another dealer who I spoke with wants to submit my order as a retail order for a customer which they claim will get built sooner.

I have a feeling that the first dealer that ordered it for stock may be playing games to get their allocation/floor sales numbers up and may not be acting in my best interest.

Ford's ordering and order bank is sometimes very tough to explain.
Bottom line..................
an OT (order type) 1 = Retail sold unit, WILL get built faster than an OT 2 = Dealer Stock.
But an OT 2 can get VIN'ed before an OT 1 sometimes, and Fleet orders are pulled and VIN'ed faster, but built slower. A dealers allocation of certain type of vehicle, has more to do with how fast or slow a unit is pulled/VIN'ed and Sch'ed. Certain options and body codes can also keep an order from being pulled, during any given week. Clear as mud - right?? :hmm:

I now have 16 2011 Raptors in the order bank.
4 pulled and Vin'ed, ALL are OT 1
2 are SCH / LOCKED IN for build, week of NOV 8th
and 2 are SCH for build, week or NOV 15th

Ford pulls Retail Orders (OT 1-2-X-A-Z) on Thurs nights, and dealers should have NEW VIN's on Fri mornings, in their systems.

randy

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ford's ordering and order bank is sometimes very tough to explain.
Bottom line..................
an OT (order type) 1 = Retail sold unit, WILL get built faster than an OT 2 = Dealer Stock.
But an OT 2 can get VIN'ed before an OT 1 sometimes, and Fleet orders are pulled and VIN'ed faster, but built slower. A dealers allocation of certain type of vehicle, has more to do with how fast or slow a unit is pulled/VIN'ed and Sch'ed. Certain options and body codes can also keep an order from being pulled, during any given week. Clear as mud - right?? :hmm:

I now have 16 2011 Raptors in the order bank.
4 pulled and Vin'ed, ALL are OT 1
2 are SCH / LOCKED IN for build, week of NOV 8th
and 2 are SCH for build, week or NOV 15th

Ford pulls Retail Orders (OT 1-2-X-A-Z) on Thurs nights, and dealers should have NEW VIN's on Fri mornings, in their systems.

randy

you may as well have just shit in my rice this is so clear. :rolleyes: