2011 HVAC blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me, too. Mine produces a series of clicks for a few seconds when I turn on the air. It clicks for a shorter period of time or not at all if the truck has been running for a period of time - as if sufficient vacuum has been built up to overcome the blend door actuator's reluctance. It's been doing this for two years, but it still works.
Replying to my own post, but actually asking for HELP. I inadvertently ran down a nearly new Odyssey battery to between 4 and 5 volts. A few moments after turning on a 6 amp battery charger I heard a pronounced humming coming from the front left side of the cab. I quickly turned off the charger, completely disconnected the battery from the truck, and then proceeded to charge the battery. The battery has recovered nicely, but as soon as I start the truck the clicking sound from the passenger foot well that I mentioned in my previous post to this thread began, and it continues to click continuously. What the heck happened? I seem to only get air only through the defroster vents and there is no heat. Is there a way to reset the system? Disconnect the battery again, maybe?

OP
OP
rschap1

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have yet to replace mine, but it sounds opposite of what yours does.
Mine blows hot air at driver when AC is on and blowing cold everywhere else in the truck.
I thought somewhere there was some sort of reset procedure.
I posted quite a few questions here and on Ford Truck Enthusiasts, sorry can't seem to locate where someone provided "calibration" procedure.
Good luck with it !

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still have yet to replace mine, but it sounds opposite of what yours does.
Mine blows hot air at driver when AC is on and blowing cold everywhere else in the truck.
I thought somewhere there was some sort of reset procedure.
I posted quite a few questions here and on Ford Truck Enthusiasts, sorry can't seem to locate where someone provided "calibration" procedure.
Good luck with it !
This may help. I PM'd FordTechOne and he responded as follows:

"The blend door clicking means that the HVAC Module has lost track of the blend door position, which is typically caused by a failed potentiometer inside the blend door actuator. If the battery is fully charged and you’ve done a 15 minute disconnect/reconnect without success , you may need to replace the actuator. Some people posted “reset” procedures online, I’m sure they wouldn’t hurt to try but there is nothing listed in the Workshop Manual. If you have a ForScan I would recommend checking for DTCs first."

In my case, the 15-minute battery disconnect procedure worked just fine. I pulled the positive battery cable off the + terminal, waited 15 minutes, and then reconnected it and started the truck. It went through 3 cycles of clicking and then quit. Kudos to our resident Ford technician!