2011 HVAC blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stepped into an earlier thread, but should have started my own.
I obviously was in a far more in depth and more technical thread than I should have interrupted.
Appreciated the help, but think I better not derail someone else's discussion.
So anyways...
My 2011 Raptor with the dual screen controlled AC has an issue.
The passenger's side vent do what they are supposed to and blow cold when AC is on.
But,
driver's side blows hot regardless of temp setting.
Seems like everything else works properly.
Defrost, floor, vent, etc.
From what I have been told, it looks like I have to get under the console on passenger's side and it looks like a LOT of messing around.
Anyways...
Trying to be as prepared as I possibly can before tearing into all of this.
Some threads and videos show removing most of the interior:(
Appreciate any first hand info or experience.
Finding a pretty good mix so far, but still not 100% sure what to expect.
See some Sawzall shortcuts, hoping to avoid some of that.
Trying to avoid breaking any plastics and trims.
But wondering what best method is, does seat, carpet, console really need to come out???
THANKS for whatever I can learn:)

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following along, as I haven't had to do this one yet. I don't think it's a big deal to remove the seats and console, probably a good idea to clean up any lost french fries and dog hair, lol.
Me, too. Mine produces a series of clicks for a few seconds when I turn on the air. It clicks for a shorter period of time or not at all if the truck has been running for a period of time - as if sufficient vacuum has been built up to overcome the blend door actuator's reluctance. It's been doing this for two years, but it still works.

OP
OP
rschap1

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our Expedition does the clicking at every start, but does do everything supposed to luckily

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well experience has gotten me to be able to take out the center console in about 5 min. even then, anyone can do it. it is not hard. dont look at it as how much you have to take apart. look at it as its 7 bolts to take out the center console. even first time rookies should be able to pull the console out in less than 20 min. once its out, you can do whatever you need. you dont have to pull the seats either. you can unbolt the center console and slide it backwards. but seats take 1 min to remove? just need an impact driver and a couple of sockets. either way, its not hard and dont make it harder than it really is.

OP
OP
rschap1

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the sound of that
I do have a couple cordless impacts
Most of the threads and videos I show removing console were a lot more involved than that sounds.
See shifter, storage box, trim panels, and a LOT of parts getting taken off before console moved.
Any idea if the actuator I need to get at is accessible with just removing console?
Have you had to do that?
Mind sharing which 7 bolts and their locations?
I am sure once I do this I will see easier than I am fearing.
What has made you remove your console so many times? Audio video upgrades? Seeing your handle makes me think that...:)

Appreciate it, THANKS ! ! !

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the sound of that
Most of the threads and videos I show removing console were a lot more involved than that sounds.
See shifter, storage box, trim panels, and a LOT of parts getting taken off before console moved.
Any idea if the actuator I need to get at is accessible with just removing console?
Have you had to do that?
What has made you remove your console so many times? Audio video upgrades? Seeing your handle makes me think that...:)

He is the stereo guru! And he has videos uploaded on here on how to take just about everything off, on your gen 1.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of that
Have you had to do that?

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stepped into an earlier thread, but should have started my own.
I obviously was in a far more in depth and more technical thread than I should have interrupted.
Appreciated the help, but think I better not derail someone else's discussion.
So anyways...
My 2011 Raptor with the dual screen controlled AC has an issue.
The passenger's side vent do what they are supposed to and blow cold when AC is on.
But,
driver's side blows hot regardless of temp setting.
Seems like everything else works properly.
Defrost, floor, vent, etc.
From what I have been told, it looks like I have to get under the console on passenger's side and it looks like a LOT of messing around.
Anyways...
Trying to be as prepared as I possibly can before tearing into all of this.
Some threads and videos show removing most of the interior:(
Appreciate any first hand info or experience.
Finding a pretty good mix so far, but still not 100% sure what to expect.
See some Sawzall shortcuts, hoping to avoid some of that.
Trying to avoid breaking any plastics and trims.
But wondering what best method is, does seat, carpet, console really need to come out???
THANKS for whatever I can learn:)
Godspeed bro, I had a 2011 Lariat I had to replace the blend door on. Same situation hot air on driverside. Ford wanted $700 to replace that $40 part. Took half a day with a few curse words but got it done, just take your time.