2011 Headlight Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 SCREW with 215,000 miles. Up to this point, I have had no major problems with this truck! Back in 2014, I installed a set of 2014 OEM headlights I purchased from Raptor Retrofit. They worked great until one day they would not turn off. I replaced the Morimoto wiring harness and everything worked fine.

Recently, I have had two events happen which seem to be related. The battery indicator comes on for a few minutes and turns off (it might go days before it happens again). And the headlights are malfunctioning. The left headlight is not working (right headlight (both beams) works fine). Also, the right parking light is not working. It comes on when I unlock the truck and then goes off/ stays off when I select the parking lights (the left parking light works fine).

I was hoping that replacing the wiring harness/relay again would solve the problem....but no change. Interestingly, when I replaced the harness I noticed that a portion of the harness had melted where it touched the (+) battery terminal.

Tonite I started researching the headlight fuses and verified that the LH Low beam fuse is good.

Any help is greatly appreciated.