2011 back up camera ? Help odd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric skurka

Reaction score
Ok folks maybe someone can help me.

bought an 2011 screw last April 2020 did not come with a backup camera but I have factory nav so the big screen. I have seen 11’s with back up camera from the factory. So I ordered a camera system from this place in Florida and installed it (stereo shop did) the camera is working on its own but won’t sync to radio. They gave me a full refund 509 bucks cause they had no clue. I get a black screen. Says camera not available or something. So is there an adapter or something that I need. I like the system I have and don’t care to change it out. Any ideas?

thank you

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe a code needs to be updated to activate the rear camera function in the Nav head unit.
Basically rewriting the Sync file to a build with a backup camera.
Ford OEM rear camera is $300

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you need to go to your dealer and get that programmed into the truck like @MTF mentioned. They will let you know if it will work or not, at least if not, you can buy the oem and install it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the dealer will touch that, you're going to have to find someone that has the IDS or Oasis program to edit the sync file.
Supposedly it's just changing one letter from D to C, but you have to rewrite your whole sync file with a truck that has the same options as yours but with the backup camera, something to that affect.
I did a quick search that's all I have.
You could go to the F150 forum and do a search.

Last edited: