2011 68k miles recently purchased, could this be the culprit? Of the shake and shimmy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So y’all were right as usual it had nothing to do with the Sway Bar. Also, it was the shocks! Currently at 69K original miles the “dead shocks” are causing issues with wheel bounce and drivability etc. Had my suspension guy take it for a ride and an inspection of the front end. Just ordered new OEM shocks, which I was planning to do anyways, just moving up the time table.

Thanks for the confidence to go into the shop and sound like I knew what I was talking about. Sometimes that is all you need, lol. Happy Saturday and take it easy! Now for the Ford Parts back order shuffle to start.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So y’all were right as usual it had nothing to do with the Sway Bar. Also, it was the shocks! Currently at 69K original miles the “dead shocks” are causing issues with wheel bounce and drivability etc. Had my suspension guy take it for a ride and an inspection of the front end. Just ordered new OEM shocks, which I was planning to do anyways, just moving up the time table.

Thanks for the confidence to go into the shop and sound like I knew what I was talking about. Sometimes that is all you need, lol. Happy Saturday and take it easy! Now for the Ford Parts back order shuffle to start.
Don't throw the old ones away, they worth money bro!

OP
OP
Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next step is to quiet the exhaust drone, then headlights. Maybe an OEM bumper if I can find a deal. Trying to decide.

BTW- Feedback- My Ford dealer who will be doing the install is completing the mid perch mod for me for free as part of the install. They were very confident, I sent them a YouTube video from RPG, a lot of them have adjustable shocks on their personal vehicles so even though an easy procedure with the right tools, they appreciated the video.

OP
OP
Cowpoke

Cowpoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update- The front end is done! I have new Gen 1 Shocks installed with perch mod, and new sway bar end links. This is like a whole new truck. Drives so much better already.

I cannot find Gen 1 rear OEM’s for the life of me. I have gone through every resource.

So, I know a lot of people run gen 2 shocks on a gen 1 but has anyone ran gen 1 shocks in the front with gen 2 in the rear? Any issues?