2011 6.2 with 250k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP makes their 1st post on the board after 3.5 years - nice ! LOL

It's just getting broken in at 250K ! What kinda maintenance stuff did the truck need ?

OP
OP
MX71

MX71

Reaction score
Nice Gen 1. Good luck with the truck. I hope mine lasts that long.
It will. The drivetrain if maintained right is solid. I ran a company building on these powertrains and rebuilds usually didn’t happen until 400k miles in severe duty application with lots of idle time.

Now with that’s said I’m putting a new transmission in but this truck was beat on and is a project for me.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MX71

MX71

Reaction score
OP makes their 1st post on the board after 3.5 years - nice ! LOL

It's just getting broken in at 250K ! What kinda maintenance stuff did the truck need ?
Transfer case motor
Balljoints
Transmission (newest fun item)
Starter
Battery
Power washed interiors (wife has named truck stinky)
Putting sound deadening in all floors and doors now
Door actuator pass side
Mirror switch driver side

I’ll start a “build/rebuild” page since it’s a project. Should be fun.

emerald_nomad - RLTW

Reaction score
Any upgrades done to it? or has it been 250k bone stock the entire time? Can't argue with a gen1 for $13k. Congrats and looking forward to the build! Any rust?

OP
OP
MX71

MX71

Reaction score
Any upgrades done to it? or has it been 250k bone stock the entire time? Can't argue with a gen1 for $13k. Congrats and looking forward to the build! Any rust?
No upgrades whatsoever. Bone stock has a consistent service record so that’s a plus. Zero rust but it’s been beat up here and there. All fixable things just needs TLC.