2010 with a broken rear axle shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recently I snapped the passenger side axle shaft while on the pavement. It was wet and I started doing a burnout, (foolish, I know) and as I rolled out of it, the truck hit some paint then back to pavement and all the sudden I heard ***BOOM*** and then clank clank clank and I lost all power to the rear end. I had to put it in 4wd to get it off the road and to a safe spot to stop. After getting it home I found the passenger side axle snapped somewhere in the tube.

I found that Yukon no longer makes any axles for the 2010 raptor with 34 spline axles. They suggested that I call Moser or Strange and have one custom made, but not knowing the specs or anything needed for them to make me one, my questions are....

What are my other options, what have other 2010-2011 guys done to prevent this from happening?

Anybody know if there’s another option for the 34 spline axles?

I read on here that I can convert to a 35 spline diff and axles from a 2012-14, but would those be any stronger?

If I swapped over to 35 splines and couldn’t find an E-locker for a decent price, would throwing a different diff in throw a trouble code for the computers?

The Currie full floater is incredibly nice, but is it worth it? The truck sees a decent amount of off road, but it’s also 6k shipped to me.

All input is welcome.

OP
OP
F

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked summit racing website and they still have the yukon axles in stock

Funny you post that. I saw that a while ago but called Yukon directly and they said they were out and suggested to have custom axles made by moser or strange.

I saw them again yesterday and decided to call Yukon again to verify the part number is the correct one for my truck, and the person I spoke with told me they are, and there’s only 2 left.

I figured I’d update the tread this morning, and then I saw your post.

FORD is still on nationwide back order with no ETA on when they’ll get more as of 2/11/2019 and Yukon has ONE left in stock after my order.

Moser’s custom axle sets are $385/pair for 30% stronger axles when I called them, and I thought when I received the axles from Yukon, that I’d take some measurements and post them for anybody who’s in need of them next since stock is running extremely low for these now