2010 SCAB. Rogue Racing / Icon / King / Evil Manf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubbarob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck and seems like a ton of fun.
Super cool reading thru the build thread

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Finally got the Audi all dialed in with swaybars, tune, strutbar, transmission mount, lowering springs, and new wheels/tires.

IMG_20220517_191842.jpg

Time to focus on the truck now. I always liked custom plates and have had them for my vehicles, so decided to order one for the raptor. I went with Rapterd (since Rapturd was taken). Hopefully it gets accepted and I can get the plate in like 3 months instead of 6-9 like the DMV is currently estimating. I also made a dedicated Instagram account for the raptor if anyone wants to follow there: Rapterd_
PXL_20220524_171738875.jpg

I have an idea of various mods that I am thinking about for the truck but need to decide what route I want to go. Either a dedicated offroad rig that will get beat hard or a traditional truck that is good for all situations and most importantly mall crawling. I need to get more seat time in the dirt and really need to start putting the truck through its paces in order to figure out what I want to do. Planning on some lighting and durability upgrades first and that will most likely snowball.

And lastly here is a random picture since the angle was rad.
IMG_20220521_155233.jpg

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Still waiting on the custom plate...

Making a nice wishlist for the truck for early next year.

Baja design LP6's for the front bumper
GFC topper (shell) + universal 3rd brake light
454 Motorsports Delta spare tire mount
Custom jack mount in corner of bed
KHC bed supports
SDHQ spindle gussets
Rear shock mount gussets

May post some updates on here in the meantime but here is a random pic from Giant Rock.
PXL_20220730_203355751.jpg

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
I had 3 Baja Design LP6'S added to the front Evil Hellion Bumper. 2 amber floods on the sides and a white spot for the center. DMF Offroad in Riverside CA helped out on the install and made it super clean. Wiring was routed directly behind the lights with small holes drilled in the valence under the grille. The evil bumper is a tight fit so there is no way to route the wire without it being easily seen.
yuO4R6u.png
j5n06oc.png
MWsKWEO.jpg

I noticed half of my raptor running lights were burnt out, so I ordered a replacement kit from Morimoto during Black Friday. Threw those in and they look alot cleaner with the smoked lenses and the brighter LED pattern. No pictures of this yet and you probably wouldn't even notice lol.

I also worked and finally fixed my radio in the center console. Had to rewire the antenna to the roof as it was not working correctly which makes sense why I never could hear people on runs.
f8IJENl.jpg

I am grabbing a few smaller items for Christmas such as WestsideOffroadGroup (WOG) bed supports and a few interior panels that are broken.

Oh, and lastly finally my Rapterd plate came in.
BZl8rqC.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
I was expecting you to place your lights behind the grill since you mentioned that you hate the look of light bars.
I was planning on it but I really like the backlight feature of these lights. They come on when the running lights/raptor lights come on. I don't like the look of light bars but have always been a fan of the "retro" circular style.

I also plan to run a larger trans cooler and relocate the power steering reservoir to the front so I was worried about room behind the grille when trying to fit a decent size light. I could easily fit a few pods back there but decided to yolo and get the LP6's after seeing them on some other trucks in person.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the howe power steering relocated to the front of the core support with the intercooler and there definitely isn't space in there for lights. Plus with lights as large as yours I would be concerned about airflow through the radiator when it's really hot out having to go through the grill then around all the LP6s. I did have to move the horns to the far passenger side as well but that's probably specific to the intercooler being up front.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was expecting you to place your lights behind the grill since you mentioned that you hate the look of light bars.
My 2 cents: Light bars behind the grill are kind of silly looking but round bulbs in front of the grill are super classic looking. I love how it looks @L0L.

xjjoey

Reaction score
Yo OP, loved your build so much that I bought a black SCAB myself. Looking for red wheels now too!

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Haven’t had an update on here for almost a year. I got myself a Porsche 718 Cayman GTS in January and the wife got a Porsche Macan GTS just recently. Truck has been on the back burner and recently most likely lost timing and idles terribly. I may try plugs and coil packs first, but have a feeling I have the lovely cam phaser issue these engines are known for. Planning to do a timing job with new cam phasers and chains put in early next year.

No clue how to do pictures anymore on here since they deleted my photobucket account. But I will return and post more updates once the truck actually works again