2010 SCAB. Rogue Racing / Icon / King / Evil Manf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks better without the boards, if I was in a warm climate all year, I would take mine off as well.

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking the truck out twice last weekend. First it was a quick day trip out by Joshua Tree to do some target shooting with some buddies. 6tFBciz.jpg
dknCdh4.jpg
AMOVvLh.jpg

Stayed a bit late so got to use my lights. Dust light works perfectly, but my headlights are absolutely awful. Reinforced the need for some additional lighting up front. Planning to run some small spot pods behind the grill for just enough extra light.

The next morning met with some local raptor guys and did a trail run out in Anza Borrego. Had to call it a bit early as my chase/bed rack started coming loose and bouncing around. I hate it so this is just pushing me to move forward with ordering a new single tire carrier. Most likely going to pick one up from 454 Motorsports. This will allow for a more streamline approach along with a quick release ability without having to mess with bed bolts. Radio also went out randomly, so need to get that figured out. I was the only supercab out of like 25 trucks, so that was cool lol. I can say that Gen 2's are quite impressive in stockish form and I struggled to keep up with them in certain areas.

After the run my current plans are to get a new tire carrier that will also hold the pro eagle, gusset the front spindles and rear shock mounts, larger tranny cooler, larger power steering reservoir, add lighting tucked behind the front grille for visibility for both me and others in the dust.
v57vWpn.jpg
vR20mt1.jpg
yQA9GOl.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking the truck out twice last weekend. First it was a quick day trip out by Joshua Tree to do some target shooting with some buddies. View attachment 340344
View attachment 340345
View attachment 340346

Stayed a bit late so got to use my lights. Dust light works perfectly, but my headlights are absolutely awful. Reinforced the need for some additional lighting up front. Planning to run some small spot pods behind the grill for just enough extra light.

The next morning met with some local raptor guys and did a trail run out in Anza Borrego. Had to call it a bit early as my chase/bed rack started coming loose and bouncing around. I hate it so this is just pushing me to move forward with ordering a new single tire carrier. Most likely going to pick one up from 454 Motorsports. This will allow for a more streamline approach along with a quick release ability without having to mess with bed bolts. Radio also went out randomly, so need to get that figured out. I was the only supercab out of like 25 trucks, so that was cool lol. I can say that Gen 2's are quite impressive in stockish form and I struggled to keep up with them in certain areas.

After the run my current plans are to get a new tire carrier that will also hold the pro eagle, gusset the front spindles and rear shock mounts, larger tranny cooler, larger power steering reservoir, add lighting tucked behind the front grille for visibility for both me and others in the dust.
View attachment 340347
View attachment 340348
View attachment 340349
The gen 2's aren't faster, you were just dehydrated and tired. Could be your larger tires, taking away a bit of power though.

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
I can't imagine a 5.4 with 37s. I noticed a big difference when going to 37s on my 2013.
Honestly the truck isn't bad. I mean it had heavier and larger tires on it when I bought it so luckily I only know the slow life so doesn't bother me. For being the slowest truck at the meet it wasn't that bad and held it's own. I was more impressed with the speed that the stock gen 2's can keep in some conditions. I struggled to keep up with them in certain situations in the rough stuff. I had my shocks rebuilt, but not revalved. Thinking that my shocks need a bit of love to get into the sweet spot so my ego doesn't get hurt as much :Big Laugh:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly the truck isn't bad. I mean it had heavier and larger tires on it when I bought it so luckily I only know the slow life so doesn't bother me. For being the slowest truck at the meet it wasn't that bad and held it's own. I was more impressed with the speed that the stock gen 2's can keep in some conditions. I struggled to keep up with them in certain situations in the rough stuff. I had my shocks rebuilt, but not revalved. Thinking that my shocks need a bit of love to get into the sweet spot so my ego doesn't get hurt as much :Big Laugh:
Edelbrock makes a nice S/C for the raptor. That would solve your hp problem instantly.
1643946561029.png

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Edelbrock makes a nice S/C for the raptor. That would solve your hp problem instantly.
View attachment 340625
My truck is basically held together with duct tape, bubble gum, and a dream so I think it would explode if I ran a SC. Also the price of that bad boy + install is like 1/3 of the cost of my truck hahah. Truck may be slow as hell but at least it sounds good compared to a Gen 2 :cool:

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Sadly nothing new with the truck. Been buying parts for the Audi (wheels, tires, swaybars, solid mounts, tune) so that has taken most of the spotlight and the install is scheduled mid May. Once the car is done, I will be switching my focus back to the truck.

I have been toying with the idea of running a shell. I have always liked the look but not sure if I want to pull the trigger since they aren't cheap. I think a shell is different and compliments the SCAB really well and would go well with me changing up to a minimalized chase rack. Would look similar to below. There is a Leer dealer close to me so I may reach out to them and see if I want to actually go this route with a LEER 100R like above. I should of bought the one below when I had the chance :banghead:
8ZrDUip.png

Anyways here are some random pictures of the truck a few blocks from the house since I have no actual updates.
EbW0kpw.jpg
RpFMCZG.jpg
GnL61Ly.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i probably wouldnt do a camper shell for 2 reasons. first its going to block you expensive 3rd brake light and you will no longer have rear lights, and second, the shell will most likely come into contact with the cab if you are offroading hard. with upgraded suspension its hard to tell how much the bed is moving different from the cab. you will most likely damage both if they come into contact