2010 SCAB. Rogue Racing / Icon / King / Evil Manf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L0L

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I picked up a 2010 Scab 5.4L at the end of 2020 for a steal. Truck is quite built but needed some love to get it to a safe level to wheel. Truck has a long past and was owned by Rogue Racing and also Evil Manufacturing. I will update this thread randomly when I am bored at work and have something new with the truck. Truck is a toy so doesn't get out all that much.

2010 Tuxedo Black Scab 5.4L

Front:
Icon Stage 4 (Billet Uppers, 3.0 coilovers)
Rogue Racing lower control arms, billet tierods, lower arm slot delete
Evil Manf Hellion Bumper

Rear:
Icon Stage 4 (Leafs and 3.0 bypass)
Rogue Racing bumpstop kit with King bumps
Evil Manf Hellion Bumper
ICI Chase Rack with pro eagle and room for 2 spares
Evil Manf 3rd Brake Light

Wheels:
37" BFG KO2's on 17" Methods in limited matte red.

Misc:
Lowrance with Evil Manf mount
R1 Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Magnaflow cut and dumped
Kenwood radio
Spyder headlights
Paint matched flares
Dirt Dynamix Umbrella

Got the truck to replace my 2006 long travel Tacoma prerunner which I had for a few years. I live where it gets snow so the 2wd in the Tacoma just wasn't cutting it.
XfVMSyz.jpg
CZ6uqc4.jpg
qbvBhfD.jpg
After selling the taco, the first order of business was to get new wheels/tires. The 37" BFG KR2 race tires were cupped to hell and sounded like a WW2 Mustang divebombing down the road. They were also incredibly heavy and were an absolute death sentence in the snow. They were mounted on real beadlocks which were a bit overkill for my needs. Decided to go with a single matching spare since I do still use my bed. After researching around I decided to go with 37" BFG KO2's as they have served me well on every other truck I have owned. A jack of all trades that also is not a true 37", so rubbing shouldn't be an issue at all. After months of back order finally got some new limited matte red methods paired up with the KO2's. You can see the insane difference in size between the two different variations of 37's. The stance with the KR2's was absolutely incredible, but was super impracticable.
Pfa8S3x.jpg

Sold the KR2's to a Gen 2 raptor with absolutely no mods. Truck looked bad *** after but I have a feeling he ripped off his bumper within the first week lol.

Truck came with an ICI Modular bed rack with a pro eagle jack. Not my favorite setup as it does take up a lot of room even with no tires in it. Most likely keeping this though as it does the job and I like the option to simply bolt on a middle bar and being able to run another full size spare with no issues.
UzwR9B3.jpg
LlvPTuk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Right after changing the tires, I realized that the extreme vibration was not only from the cupped tires, but also the front suspension. You could feel the slop in the front when going over a bump or accelerating from a stop. Was quite scary and decided to sparingly use the truck until I got everything rebuilt.

In the meantime, the rear diff was leaking pretty bad ever since I got the truck. Decided to get the ford performance dif cover since I was going to do a flush anyways. The ability to hold more oil is an added bonus, the markup from a spicer is the downside.
ztNF9ff.jpg

Did some smaller stuff in-between all these other things. I changed the yellow reflectors on the mirrors to black. They were so old that all the tabs instantly snapped when trying to take them out. The black looks way better and compliments the overall black theme of the truck.

Also re-installed my Dirt Dynamix umbrella mount that I originally had on my taco. Easily 2 minute install and had that thrown on for the hot sunny days in the dezert.
9HMOvWY.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
The wife decided to upgrade cars to a 2018 Audi S5. This put the rebuild of the front suspensions on the backburner for a few months while I spent money on the new toy lol.
3e2NXND.jpg

Finally got the truck scheduled for a full rebuild at a local shop. Full rebuild of all heims, bushings, rod ends, etc for the front end. Also had a busted CV get addressed and had all the shocks rebuilt since I have no clue the last time it was done. While waiting for the shop to get an opening, noticed that the rear brakes randomly were catching and grinding. Was quite surprised how they went from working perfectly to grinding metal on metal. Made a note that new pads and rotors were needed after I got the truck back from the shop.

Truck ended up being in the shop for a few weeks due to delays on parts. The CV had been beaten into place with a hammer, shocks were missing parts and had destroyed threads, and since Rogue is no longer in business it was nearly impossible to get new bushings for the lower arms. Luckily my shop got everything figured out and got the truck ready to rock. Took it home and it drove beautifully, besides the grinding of the rear brakes haha.

Reached out to Rich from Freedom Motorsports (not sure what his name is on here) and got a set of rear R1 drilled and slotted rotors and their posi-quiet pads. Everything came super quick and fit perfectly. No complaints.
QKX6EJ5.jpg

Got the new rear brakes put on, checked the front, and did an oil change to get the truck in working fashion.
TXE8rFV.jpgiYtIcpE.jpg

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Recently took the truck out for its real first maiden voyage in the dirt after almost a year of owning it. Was very surprised and it completely blows my previous long travel taco out of the water in terms of performance. Learned one of my headlights had all but 1 of its tabs broken, but nothing some J.B. weld didn't fix.
cWmvtn2.jpg
1IJWw6Q.jpg
Overall plan for the truck is to be able to start participating in local Socal dez runs and eventually an EXO baja run sometime next year. Need to get better familiarized with my Lowrance and the driving habits of the truck before doing longer more high speed stuff. Have a super busy schedule for the rest of the year so the truck probably won't be seeing any dirt until January sadly.

Future plans: Maybe some sort of hidden or quick release light bar for the front (hate the look of light bars), Evil dead pedal, replace some interior plastic panels, replace my heater core as it decided to explode, run power to the bed, clean up and paint the frame, bed brace supports, contemplating a shell, and a new bed rack most likely a 454 Motorsports quick release.
y8tLxoL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Well I can't seem to edit the above posts anymore lol, so I will have to keep creating new posts in the future. Making a wish list for next few years for things to add on/update.

Smaller Items for next year-ish hopefully:
SDHQ spindle gussets
Stainless brake lines
Evil Dead Pedal
WOG Power Steering Reservoir
Larger Trans Cooler
Baja Forged Upper Shock Mount Reinforcement
Set of Maxtrax style recover boards

Overall want added protection and piece of mind upgrades since suspension is already basically covered. Plan is to use the truck as is and see if any other upgrades come to mind. If I am still craving more down the road I may plan on new lower arms, maybe Camburg (currently do not have bypass mounts on my Rogue LCA's) and some type of 3.0 Bypass upfront (Fox or ICON). Would look like something below, with new arms/bypass/spindle gussets.
7BKQ1KC.jpg

And since I have nothing else to offer in terms of updates, here is a recycled pic from Chiraco. Gonna try and take the truck out for a quick trail run this upcoming weekend.

uTLCAgV.jpg

Edit: Took the truck our for a day trip to Ocotillo this weekend. Was super crowded but got to stretch the trucks legs a bit.
KotVJm2.jpg

CLGb1CV.jpg

Truck did good. Still learning its limits. I miss the look of full size 37's, but having no issues rubbing even when going flat out in the big stuff is a nice feeling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Had quite a busy end to last year and beginning of this year. Got some good snow over the holidays (for Socal) and since the truck currently doesn't have a working heater, it stayed under the snow until it melted off.

F9QSq8J.jpg

No updates on the truck besides that the KO2's aren't a death sentence in the snow/ice compared to the race KR2's. I did pick up a portable VIAIR 440P Compressor for the truck that I have yet to even open.

Planning to take the truck out to the desert soon. There is a local raptor run at the end of the month and also a dezert cleanup event on Feb 19th in Ocotillo that I am shooting for. Hopefully I can make it out to one of these and use the truck some.

In the meantime it gets to stretch its legs to work once in awhile.
3ahtqxy.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you miss having running boards? Being in socal, you don't need to worry about rocks and stuff chipping the paint, but even the sand at the dunes will wear the paint off eventually. Looking good!

OP
OP
L0L

L0L

Reaction score
Do you miss having running boards? Being in socal, you don't need to worry about rocks and stuff chipping the paint, but even the sand at the dunes will wear the paint off eventually. Looking good!

I kind of do, but kind of don't. Honestly my paint is pretty awful all around so I don't worry about it at this point. For someone that cares about the paint, I would definitely recommend not taking them off. I also thought about getting the electric AMP running boards that pop down when the doors open, but this won't help the paint in anyway and will only help the wife actually get into the truck lol.