2010 Raptor ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
After driving through all that salt up north last month, no way in hell would I ever buy a used car from up there.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving through all that salt up north last month, no way in hell would I ever buy a used car from up there.

I made another thread about this in here and it's the general consensus that I have nothing to worry about...

I'll definitely opt for a Southern Raptor over one up there, and require extensive pics before I fly out to anywhere to try to buy one, but definitely not counting trucks out because of being in the North.

Jimbo: Thanks, will do. I'll give you Illinoisans a shout on my way through if I pick one up around there. Probably stop back home (Grundy Co.) for a couple days while I'm at it.

cwickd

Reaction score
I looked at the difference of options before I purchased. Like you I opted for a slightly used to keep costs down, but since I did that I found one at a decent price with all of options. The best deal I found was through a local dealer a 2012 with 30k miles for $42k out the door. I searched and searched for about a year before I pulled the trigger. This forum has a lot of knowledge posted all through it- one person recently bought a 2011 with a bent rear frame just past the bump stops. Any vehicle you are looking at purchasing, take it to someone who knows raptors and get it checked out thoroughly. Good luck with your future purchase!

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My remote start range sucks, so I'll be upgrading it anyway.

I don't get this @Jimbo. I work in what is essentially a bunker and start my truck from my desk about 5 minutes before I walk out. Granted, I am probably only about 50 or 60 yards away but through a lot of concrete and brick. I was surprised last fall to start it from the 7th floor of my hotel when it was at the back of the parking lot.

Sorry for the threadjack. Best of luck with your upcoming purchase. I like the heated/cooled seats but I could do without cooling in the truck. We have the same thing in a convertible sports car and I would have a more difficult time letting it go there. It is nice when the sun is beating down on you and you are sitting stopped in traffic.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I don't get this @Jimbo. I work in what is essentially a bunker and start my truck from my desk about 5 minutes before I walk out. Granted, I am probably only about 50 or 60 yards away but through a lot of concrete and brick. I was surprised last fall to start it from the 7th floor of my hotel when it was at the back of the parking lot.

Sorry for the threadjack. Best of luck with your upcoming purchase. I like the heated/cooled seats but I could do without cooling in the truck. We have the same thing in a convertible sports car and I would have a more difficult time letting it go there. It is nice when the sun is beating down on you and you are sitting stopped in traffic.

I don't either. I changed the batteries out of both remotes, changed the location of my iPass thinking it was interfering, nope. So I'll just wait, told the wife I want the Ford integrated system for Christmas. I'll have to be about 15-20 feet away before it works.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't either. I changed the batteries out of both remotes, changed the location of my iPass thinking it was interfering, nope. So I'll just wait, told the wife I want the Ford integrated system for Christmas. I'll have to be about 15-20 feet away before it works.

That's not right. :/ I don't know where the "antenna" is for that system, but something is amiss. You should start a tread on this (if you haven't already) because I would like to hear other people's experience and theories.

Threadjack: Complete

tilltheend

Reaction score

I go right by here at least once a week, I looked at that first truck last fall before I bought mine and I cant recommend, had a vibration, they spray bombed the underside with undercoat to hide stuff I would guess, lots of general wear. In general they don't budge on price and out of the 8-9 raptors I looked at they all had questionable title history and half were pretty tore up. One even had the front skid plate pushed in and mud still up in the frame from someone's excursion. But I looked far and wide for a garage queen at a good price. It seemed to me there were the best deals in the central Midwest like OH, IL, IN, IA and even TX, ect.