2010 Collectible/Price…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I paid $60k for my 2014 SVT Crew Cab. It had 21,800 miles on it when I got it. I KNOW I overpaid for it, but it is exactly what I wanted. I wanted the Gen 1 with 4 doors, a 6.2L, with low miles. I saw it come up for sale and I pulled the trigger.

I wasn't thrilled about the price at all but trading in my Escalade took a bit of the sting out of the price. I am using mine as a daily driver and for what it was intended to be used as.

I'm not really concerned about resale since I plan on keeping it for a LONG time. I'll keep it as well maintained and looking as good as I can, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over any damage that may happen.

As for the Gen 1 becoming collectable, I can definitely see it happening. Especially since Ford discontinued the SVT badging and has no plans on using the 6.2L for the new Raptors. 2014 was the last year for that.

I've already had a note left on my windshield asking to contact them to discuss selling and was actually approached at the gas station last week by someone asking if I was interested in selling.

Last edited:

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the term "collectable" is pretty overused in this case. A year ago I bought a loaded screw with lots of add ons and it's a serialized Roush Stage II. It had 24K on the clock at the time and I paid $49,000!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It needs to be more than a 2010 with a 6.2 to be collectible, I have the same truck but mine is also one of the first 6.2 raptors with a very low VIN 00884 and I'm the OG and no plans to sell for less than $200,000.00. As others have said , "Collectors" want originality, your Raptor needs the og wheels, while they can be found still, it's still another expense and time is money as well. I say, hard pass!! If you really want a decent 2010, I would go with @MTF s supercharged truck, way more bang for the buck. He may not be your neighbor and he might even be ugly, lol, but you can send him cash and the truck can be put on a transport truck for way less than what your friend is asking.

14 tuxblack raptor

Reaction score
If you're wanting to 'collect' something in order to make money on it in the future, collect real estate. If you're wanting a used first gen raptor, get a 2014 and actually go enjoy using your truck and not sitting around worrying about how much it is going to be worth. Would honestly be silly to spend anywhere near that much. Idk if these trucks will ever reach that collectable stage, its all modern tech these days, not like the classic vehicles of the past. Maybe one day it will be a badass classic V8 but nothing like older vehicles in the past imo. Buy a raptor with the intention of not being afraid to get it dirty, otherwise, kinda lame to own one.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're wanting to 'collect' something in order to make money on it in the future, collect real estate. If you're wanting a used first gen raptor, get a 2014 and actually go enjoy using your truck and not sitting around worrying about how much it is going to be worth. Would honestly be silly to spend anywhere near that much. Idk if these trucks will ever reach that collectable stage, its all modern tech these days, not like the classic vehicles of the past. Maybe one day it will be a badass classic V8 but nothing like older vehicles in the past imo. Buy a raptor with the intention of not being afraid to get it dirty, otherwise, kinda lame to own one.
Used 2014 here - 120k mi. Got some cab rust I plan on fixing, but I drive it daily, three kids’ car seats and all, spring mud from the dog…get on it in the snow and off road where I can find it.

Maybe get a used Gen 2/3 somewhere down the line, but this thing never ceases to provide the smiles.

Sportyworty

Reaction score
I think they can be a free ride and potential investment dependent on condition and miles. Paying 60K and running the miles up to 75K in 5 years is going to yield a 35K truck. Running the miles up to 24K in 5 years may figure considerably better.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're wanting to 'collect' something in order to make money on it in the future, collect real estate.
I know too many people who have made a small fortune in real estate, either through income properties, fixing & flipping, or just buying and holding. My aunt went from a net worth of basically zero to about $10M (in 2009 money) in real estate. Nobody I know has come close to that by investing in automobiles. Nobody.