2010 and 2011 6R80 build date discrepancies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The difference being 2011+ 10R80's are select shift so if your Raptor is not select shift it is more than likely a 2010 model 10R80. That is how I would look at it.
I don't know why I wrote 10R80, meant 6R80 like the thread title.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct on the 6R80 with select shift was not available on the early release Raptor with 6.2.
Pretty sure the 2010 Raptor 6R80 does not have a TCM and it is controlled through the ECU VS the later trucks that have it separated.
I think you’ve got that backwards. The older trucks had a mechatronic TCM component mounted to the lead frame connector. That functionality was merged into the PCM from 2011 onwards.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@lorenzo_spag I’d go with whatever was suggested by your dealer based on VIN. At least if they get it wrong, then it’s on them. The primary differences from pre 2011 are internal. As long as the cooler line fittings are in the same place, you should be fine. You might DM @FordTechOne with your VIN to get confirmation. I typically haven’t had any issues ordering parts based on VIN. For the cooler lines, the main differences are based on engine vs. 6r80 variant based on the diagrams I’ve seen.

I just did this job on my 2011 a couple weeks ago. Be sure to order the main hardlines and the jumper lines that connect to the cooler and pass through the radiator. Should be at least 3 part numbers if you don’t need to replace the soft line that goes into the top of the cooler.

Base Numbers for the Ford parts Required:

7B028

7B028

7R081

Last edited:

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you’ve got that backwards. The older trucks had a mechatronic TCM component mounted to the lead frame connector. That functionality was merged into the PCM from 2011 onwards.
thats it... I knew there was an odd TCM deal with the older trans...LOL