2010 6.2L with 36k (one owner) for $31k

Should I buy it??

• Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are u crazy? U have a kid coming!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kdetrick253

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the forum, hopefully I will be staying as the proud owner of a 2010 raptor. I work in the sales department at a dealership where we just took in this beautiful 2010 raptor 6.2L. I don’t know much about raptors (or ford in general) but Ive been in business long enough to know how rare and high demand they are. I’ve driven them a couple times but not enough to truly appreciate it. I drove it home a few nights and fell in love. After reading up a little bit the last week I’m seeing that the 6.2 is “the one to have”.

Long story short. I can buy this thing for $31k plus tax and license (employee deal). KBB wholesale value is $35k and change. I’ve checked out market. Seems like a great deal. Just want to hear from the experts. Pics attached. It has leather, memory and heated seats, nav, electric sliding rear window, Bluetooth steaming, and off-road tires and running boards (again, new to this, not sure how many of those options are standard).

I think it was ordered directly from factory by original owner who just traded it in to us. Very clean. He babied it. Spent most of its life in a garage, out camping a few times I presume. Paint is flawless. One minor ding on carfax where vehicle was towed from scene but he has all records showing that another car just merged into his wheel and he has to replace some parts on suspension, no paint damage. Looks like work was done right. All paint is original on the truck, few very light scratches in bed but u can still see the metallic in the paint in the bed of the truck even!.

I Look forward to the feedback. My finger is on the trigger Just need a little reassurance to pull. There’s a lot at stake! (I have my first baby expected to arrive in 3 weeks, it’s a Miracle I got my wife’s blessing. The LATCH car seat system is what pushed it over the finish line, my current 98 4runner doesn’t have it).

EDIT: after reading first couple responses I wanted to clarify that my wife owns an 18 forester so that would be baby’s main ride. We did test out the car seat, if fits, but not perfect. Passenger seat has to be moved up about 60-70%, not ideal but would be fine for our purposes. I also get demo at work so truck wouldn’t be a daily driver. Just a weekend warrior.

524596F1-B115-45FF-978E-EB53D3ABC196.jpeg

D4BC6010-B546-4718-A18F-2C60735D3216.jpeg

Last edited:

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking low mileage truck. The only problem I can see is the car seat for an infant. It will be tight if you already have a car seat I would test it out to see how it fits with the front seats how you want them. I've got three kids the smallest cab I had was a 2012 Toyota tundra double cab and the infant seats were really tight to the point where I would have to move the front seat forward if I wanted to put a car seat behind it.

OP
OP
Kdetrick253

Kdetrick253

Reaction score
Yes good call. We did test out the car seat, it does fit. U are correct tho, the passenger seat has to be moved forward quite a bit, not so much so that my wife doesn’t fit in front tho. Fortunately my wife has a 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0T so there’s plenty of room for car seat there too. We would rarely load the car seat into the raptor, maybe for weekend camping or something. This truck would be more for having fun on weekends and occasionally hauling stuff. I get a demo at work so It wouldn’t even be my daily driver to work. I’d like to keep the miles low (not too low tho).

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes good call. We did test out the car seat, it does fit. U are correct tho, the passenger seat has to be moved forward quite a bit, not so much so that my wife doesn’t fit in front tho. Fortunately my wife has a 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0T so there’s plenty of room for car seat there too. We would rarely load the car seat into the raptor, maybe for weekend camping or something. This truck would be more for having fun on weekends and occasionally hauling stuff. I get a demo at work so It wouldn’t even be my daily driver to work. I’d like to keep the miles low (not too low tho).

youre good to go then!

djscheele

Reaction score
I have hauled my daughter since birth in the back seat of my SCAB, brought her home from the hospital in it. I run the seat in the center, that way you can have the passenger seat back further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuffdoll

Reaction score
I own a 2010 6.2, have had it for 3 years now. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! I would buy it again and again. Great choice. Price does sound a little high or I just got a great deal. I got mine for 28,000 3 years ago.you will never regret it. I did add airbags to the back of mine to aid in hauling my tritoon. It is a pulling cool and has tons of power. It looked just like yours when I bought it. I've personalized it with all the green

received_620327205057619.jpeg