2010 6.2L whipple supercharged - what spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m acquiring a 2010 6.2 that apparently has a whipple on it. The dealer has no idea. I showed up to test drive it. Noticed the whine when I was looking at it. I pop the hood and see this.

7CBEB071-B01D-4051-BB95-E507C260ECFF.jpeg

So anyway, I’m looking to do a tune up on it. Change all 16 spark plugs to something good for boost. I have no history on the truck so this is standard maintenance for me. I drove the hell out of it yesterday and it runs like a champ.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@burntoutaccountant
NGK LTR7BHX (95605) or
NGK LTR7IX (9510) gapped to 0.030. Just depends on whether you want to go Ruthenium or Iridium. The former is supposedly supposed to handle boost a bit better, but both are a heat range colder which is recommended regardless. The 9510’s are what Whipple recommends and what JDM includes with their kits as well.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m acquiring a 2010 6.2 that apparently has a whipple on it. The dealer has no idea. I showed up to test drive it. Noticed the whine when I was looking at it. I pop the hood and see this.

View attachment 381595

So anyway, I’m looking to do a tune up on it. Change all 16 spark plugs to something good for boost. I have no history on the truck so this is standard maintenance for me. I drove the hell out of it yesterday and it runs like a champ.
Before changing plugs I would just pull a couple to see what were put in and if they are new enough to stay since a few holes are somewhat difficult to get to.